Your workout goals mean nothing if you don’t have a plan in place to achieve that. If your workout goal is the destination of your fitness journey, the workout plan is the map to reach there.
A workout program provides you with a detailed action plan to follow in order to accomplish your fitness goal in the most efficient, safe, and time-bound manner. Choosing the right workout regimen would not only accelerate your growth but also ensure that you won’t get injured in the process.
There are hundreds of free workout programs available here. You can choose the suitable program out of these workout routines based on the expected end results, your current fitness level, available equipment, duration of the program, the intensity of the program, and your personal preferences.
Here are a few examples of different types of workout plans based on different parameters;
- Goal specific workout programs: Weight loss programs, Weight gain programs, Muscle growth programs, Strength gain programs, Hybrid programs, Sports conditioning programs, Powerlifting programs, etc.
- Based on fitness level: Workout plans for beginners, Workout plans for intermediate level lifters and enthusiasts, Advanced level workout plans.
- Based on how you progress: Linear progression plans, Undulated progression routines, Block progression, etc.
- Equipment specific plans: Dumbbell only workout programs, Barbell only programs, No equipment program, etc.
- Duration of one cycle: Programs range from one-week cycle to more than 24-week cycles.
A good workout program provides you with a detailed account of the process to follow to reach your desired goal. It consists of a detailed workout schedule that indicates work days and rest days for the complete cycle of the programs.
The programs provide a detailed guideline about the range of exercises to perform on particular work-days along with the recommended sets and reps for the respective moves.
In a workout program, you would also get guiding instructions about weight selection for the exercises to be performed. Weight selection in the beginning, progression, and deloading weights can be computed for your custom requirements using the guidelines provided in the programs.
Most of the workout programs already have customizable spreadsheets or templates developed for that specific plan, which can be downloaded and used as a schedule to follow the program to the T and can also be used to track your progress in terms of archived reps, and the rep max weights.
While some workout programs look like a general guideline, the advanced level programs tend to be very specific in nature. But almost all the programs can be tailored to suit your needs.
The workout programs not only act as a guide instructing you with the steps to reach your desired fitness goal but also increases your chances of getting there faster. The right workout routine optimizes the time and energy you spend in the gym through strategically arranging the exercises, rest periods, weight progression, etc.
A detailed workout program can be instrumental in improving your confidence in the process. It can be an encouraging factor ensuring that you adhere to the plan and keep putting in the efforts.