Victor Martinez is an IFBB pro bodybuilder. He has been nicknamed the Dominican Dominator as he is the second Dominican in the history of bodybuilding who has turned pro.
Victor’s physique is an amalgamation of both muscle mass and aesthetics. He is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs around 255-265 pounds.
Owing to his perfect physique, Victor has won numerous bodybuilding titles.
So let’s get to know about the fitness secrets of the Dominican Dominator.
Victor Martinez’s Workout Schedule
Victor has always been passionate about training. Owing to that reason, he hits the gym on most days of the week.
Here are two training splits followed by Victor Martinez:-
Victor Martinez’s Workout Split #1
- Day 1: Chest and Biceps
- Day 2: Quads and calves
- Day 3: Shoulders and triceps
- Day 4: OFF
- Day 5: Back and hamstrings
- Day 6: Chest and biceps
- Day 7: Quads and hamstrings
Victor Martinez’s Workout Split #2
- Day 1: Shoulders (a.m.)- Triceps (p.m.)
- Day 2: Quads (a.m.)- Hamstrings (p.m.)
- Day 3: Back (midday)
- Day 4: Chest (a.m.)- Biceps (p.m.)
- Day 5: OFF
- Day 6: Cycle repeats
Victor Martinez’s Workout Routine
Victor Martinez’s workout routine is focused on fetching his body lean muscle gains. To serve that purpose, Victor follows a high-volume training program.
View this post on Instagram
Victor has always been a staunch proponent of training with a full range of motion. For that reason, he always chooses a weight that lets him go through a full range of motion along with adequately stressing his targeted muscle groups. He says,
I learned to train the right way, lifting through a full range of motion and never using a weight that I couldn’t handle.”
Victor is admired a lot for his symmetrical and well-proportioned physique. All his muscle groups are equally well-developed.
In order to build such a physique, he ensures to train each of his muscle groups adequately. When it comes to bringing up any lagging muscle group, Victor chooses to train it 2-3 times a week.
Victor chooses to lift heavier weights when he trains for size. While doing so he keeps his total rep count low.
Now let’s get to know about the exercises that Victor performs for targeting each of his muscle groups:-
- Incline Barbell Press- 5 sets of 10-15 reps (including warm-up sets)
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hammer Strength Vertical- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bench Press Machine- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Pull-ups- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lat pulldowns- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- T-bar rows- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- One-arm dumbbell rows- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated cable rows- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Rotator cuff exercises with dumbbells- 5 sets of 15-20 reps
- Barbell clean and press- 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Lateral raises- 3 sets of 12 reps
- Single dumbbell press- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell upright rows (shoulder-width grip)- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Rear delt machine flys- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Biceps single-arm cable curls- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell curls- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Concentration curls- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hammer curls- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bench dips- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Close-grip bench press- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Rope pressdowns- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell kickbacks- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg extensions supersetted with leg curls- 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Step-ups- 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Lunges- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Legs press- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Standing calf raises- 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Seated calf raises- 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Seated leg curls- 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Standing one-leg curls- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Lying leg curls supersetted with stiff-leg deadlifts- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
When Victor is required to lose fat in a relatively shorter period, at times he relies on performing HIIT. He also ensures to consume fewer calories to aid fat loss.
Victor performs low-intensity cardio 2-3 times a week during the off-season. His cardio sessions aren’t exclusively targeted toward promoting fat loss. He performs them just to keep his cardiovascular health in check.
Victor’s low-intensity cardio routine primarily includes brisk walking or running on the treadmill.
Victor always advocates the importance of training with strict form. Bodybuilding is a training style that requires one to lift heavy weights to build muscles. But that doesn’t mean one should compromise with the exercise form in getting that done.
Hence, you should choose a weight that gives your muscles adequate stress and lets you perform around 8-10 reps with strict form.
Tom Platz Workout Routine and Diet
Miloš Šarčev’s Workout and Diet Plan
Kevin Levrone’s Workout and Diet
Dallas McCarver’s Workout Plan and Diet
Victor Martinez’s Diet Plan
No matter whether Victor is in the on-season or the off-season, he never goes out of shape. He religiously follows a nutritious diet plan throughout the year.
Victor Martinez’s diet plan has plenty of nutritious food items. Some of his favorite ones are eggs, salmon, brown rice, sweet potatoes, and broccoli.
To maintain his massive and muscular physique, Victor has to ensure that he feeds his body after every few hours. To serve that purpose he eats 6 meals a day.
Now let’s have a detailed overview of Victor Martinez’s meal plan:-
- Whey isolate protein shake
- 10 egg whites
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 10 oz. lean steak
- 1 cup brown rice
- 10 oz. baked potato
- 10 oz. chicken
- 10 oz. salmon
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 8 oz. lean steak
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
Victor also drinks plenty of water throughout the day to keep his body well-hydrated.
Victor’s on-season diet plan is a lot different from his regular diet plan. During that period, he is required to look more muscular and sharp.
Thus he includes different food items and supplements in his diet plan that can boost muscle repair and growth along with promoting fat loss. Victor’s on-season diet plan looks like the following:-
- 1 cap Multivitamin
- 12 Egg Whites
- 2 Cups Oatmeal
- 1 Scoop Glutamine
- 12 oz. Chicken Breast
- 1 Baked White Potato
- 12 oz. Steak
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Scoops Whey (3 scoops on leg and back days)
- 12 oz. steak
- Rice or Potato
- 12 oz. chicken breast
- Large Green Salad
- 12 oz. Fish or Whey Protein
- Fat Burner
When Victor is prepping for a competition or show, he cuts his carb intake drastically. Doing so allows him to stay lean.
But that doesn’t mean he loads up on carbs during his off-season. Even then he keeps his carb intake pretty restricted.
In the off-season, Victor consumes lesser carbs in the evening and more carbs in the morning.
Victor has always been pretty disciplined with his eating habits. But at times, he also loves to enjoy cheat meals to satisfy his taste buds.
Victor claims that his cheat meals help him in resetting his metabolism along with giving him mental satisfaction.
Victor Martinez Supplements
Being an advanced bodybuilder, with numerous years of training experience, Victor has to ensure that his nutrition plan is as perfect as it can be. For that reason, he includes certain supplements in it.
Victor Martinez’s supplements stack includes the following:-
- Whey protein
The above-mentioned supplements assist in making Victor’s nutrition plan complete and wholesome. They boost his body’s recovery capabilities and muscle growth.
Johnnie O Jackson’s Workout Routine and Diet
Dennis Wolf’s Workout and Diet Plan
Branch Warren’s Workout and Diet
Two Body Parts a Day Workout Routine
Victor Martinez’s well-built physique can give anyone some serious physique goals. But in order to attain such a physique one has to be extremely patient and consistent with his training program and nutrition plan.
Victor didn’t build his physique overnight. It took him years to be where he is today. And he continues to train with great dedication.
So if you too intend to build a muscular and aesthetic physique like him, you too would have to follow suit.
Victor Martinez’s workout routine and diet plan can certainly give you an idea on how you must get started with your bodybuilding journey. Consider making a few modifications to them based on your training goals before following them.