Tom Hardy has been popular for the he-man roles that he portrays on screen. The major attribution goes to the grotesque body he possesses.
For his role in Dark Knight Rises, he needed to bulk up and look massive. This needed him to make some changes in his diet, and it definitely paid off.
It comes as no surprise that everyone is inquisitive to know what goes into his daily meal plan and what his routine would be like.
Tom Hardy’s Meal Plan
Depending on his role, he varies his nutrition plan accordingly. For his role in Warrior, his meal had a lot of lean proteins like chicken breast and vegetables like broccoli for minimal carbohydrate.
Whereas, when he needed to add bulk to his body, he included a good proportion of carbs, healthy fats, and a lot of protein. For his character in Bronson, heate chocolates and pizza to gain about 40 lbs.
Tom Hardy’s meal plan was divided into six small meals throughout the day. This helped in keeping up his metabolism and maintaining muscle mass.
So let us take a sneak peek in to what the Tom Hardy diet plan looks like:
Tom Hardy’s Diet Plan
Vegetable omelet with 4 egg whites and 2 full eggs, 4 slices of Ezekiel toast with 2 tbsp honey, 1 cup mixed fruit
4 oz of grass-fed beef, 1 cup white rice, Green leafy vegetables
Protein shake with 2 scoops of protein, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 banana
6 oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, Green leafy vegetables
1 pouch tuna, 1 tbsp mayo or dressing, 2 slices whole-grain bread, Lettuce, tomato, green vegetables
1 cup cooked dried oats with ½ cup blueberries, 1 tbsp chia seeds, Casein protein
Tom hardy’s diet is a mix of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. The proportions are varied according to the role and type of physique he needs to build.
The key to building and maintaining a body like that of Tom Hardy is, ingesting a good amount of food at regular intervals. This prevents muscle wasting and supplies good muscle power.
If you prefer a lean physique, you can pack up lean amounts of protein while keeping your carbs to a minimum. In case you want to be massive, you need to increase the protein of course, but at the same time have more carbs and fats.
Tom Hardy’s Supplements
Despite getting adequate nutrition from his diet plan, he needs to incorporate supplements to replenish any missing ones. Enlisted below are some of Tom Hardy’s supplements that he uses on a daily basis.
- Protein supplement: To bulk up, you need to increase the amount of protein intake. Adding a protein supplement does just that.
- BCAAs: These amino acids help in decreasing the burning of muscles and increasing bulk. It also aids in enhancing the recovery time.
- Pre-workout: It is essential for high-intensity training, and it keeps your energy burning for a longer time.
- Caffeine: This helps to boost energy levels, giving you a lengthy workout time. In case you do not want to have caffeine, you can add beetroot extract as well.
- Green tea extract: This is excellent to decrease any hunger pangs or cravings for carbohydrates.
- Omega-3: This supplement helps in reducing post-workout swelling in muscles as well as works as a mood uplifter.
- Multivitamin: If you do not have all the available options for maintaining a diet, you should include multivitamins as it makes up for missing nutrients.
- Weight gainers: To gain some weight, it may not always be possible to do so with food alone. Adding some weight gainers to your diet may be a healthier option.
If you are aware of what type of body you are aiming at, whether lean or bulky, Tom Hardy’s diet plan is perfect for you.
If followed properly, that is, eating at small intervals along with a good workout routine- you are surely going to see a Tom Hardy physique staring right back at you in the mirror!