You would have seen him in action movies like the famous movie series Mission Impossible, where he was performing dangerous stunts all by himself. Yes, you get it right! We are talking about none other than Tom Cruise. Whether it has to be his personal life, his action-packed movies, or his romantic roles, the actor has always been in the news.
With a massive female fan following, he is continuing to impress his fans with his acting endeavors. The cinema hall gets lighted upon his entry, with his killer smile and toned abs, it becomes too much to handle. He has got it all, a perfect body, perfect looks, and perfect acting skills.
At the age of fifty-eight, he is defying all concepts of aging. It is as if time has stood still for him from the 90s. He has given us masterpieces like Mission Impossible, The Mummy, and many more, that we can cherish forever. All this work led Cruise to win three Golden Globe awards and three nominations for the Academy Awards.
Apart from all the controversies surrounding him, he still amazes every fitness enthusiast with his physique and vigor in his fifties! To find out the answer for what renders him with this level of fitness, we looked deeper into his fitness regime. The reason behind his chiseled abs and robust physique is his diet! It is justified also, with the level of fitness he possesses. So get ready! The journey for your transformation starts right here with this article. It has the exact Tom Cruise diet plan that you have been searching for!
Tom Cruise’s Diet Plan
The American actor sticks to a low-calorie diet inspired by his workout buddy David Beckham. He tries to keep the calorie count to 1200 calories a day and not exceed it. Tom Cruise’s diet plan consists of lean protein foods like egg whites, chicken breast, and he adds vegetables to his meals to keep them balanced.
The actor is not a fan of carbohydrates and tries to keep them low in his diet. Back in 2008, he was eating 15 snacks a day, unlike the three-meal diet plan that he follows today. The actor believes in eating clean and healthy and rarely goes for cheat meals.
Many of us are guilty of eating uncooked cookie dough while preparing cookies, agreed, it is undoubtedly delicious! Guess who is your cheat meal twin? Tom Cruise! He loves binging on cookie dough, but occasionally, and that is very rare!
Given below is the complete guide to Tom Cruise’s meal plan:
Tom Cruise Meal Plan
Eggs, oatmeal, and multivitamins
Chicken, vegetables, rice
Salmon and green salad
- Keep the carb intake minimum, as carbs can lead to accumulation of unnecessary fat, weight gain, and inflammation.
- You would like to add anti-inflammatory foods to your meals like Tom. Add citrus fruits, nuts, fatty fish, and vegetables to your diet.
- Tom Cruise’s diet consists of mostly grilled foods, as they help to keep the inflammation away from the body.
- Eat clean and healthy, restrict your cheat meals, and increase the intake of lean protein in your diet.
What to Eat
While you might be too busy stacking on healthy items in your grocery list, you may miss some of the healthy and nutritious foods. To prevent it, we have compiled a list of foods that Tom Cruise adds to his platter. Given below is a list of the same:
- Lean meats
- Egg whites
- Olive oil
What to Avoid
Yeah, we know how tough it is to stick to your healthy lifestyle and restrict yourself from eating the wrong and unhealthy foods. Given below is a list of foods that you can avoid from your meal plan to stick to your health journey:
- Refined carbs
- Processed sugar
- Junk food
- Artificial sweeteners
Tom Cruise’s Supplements
Supplements are an important part of the actor’s diet. It should be too because maintaining this crazy level of fitness requires one to supplement his diet with supplements that enrich the nutrition plan. Tom Cruise’s supplements include omega 3s, multivitamins like magnesium, folic acid, and whey protein supplements. Given below is a brief of the benefits of these supplements so that you can make an informed choice while choosing them to add to your diet chart:
- Omega 3s: Omega 3s help you to fulfill the requirements of essential fatty acids in the body. These help in keeping the heart healthy and prevents heart diseases.
- Multivitamins: Multivitamins like magnesium, calcium, and folic acid are also great for your body as they promote healthy well-being and help in meeting the essential nutrition requirements of the body. Calcium and potassium promote healthy bones and magnesium keeps the immune system healthy.
- Whey protein: Whey protein helps to build strong muscles and increase muscle mass. It also helps to reduce cravings and increase the metabolism of the human body.
These supplements are an essential part of Tom Cruise’s diet. They play a key role in keeping him ready for his action-packed performances.
So you have completely read this article, this in itself is proof that you have taken the first step toward your journey. Now, you only need to start implementing this diet plan in your life and see changes for yourself!
It might not give you the exact body that Cruise has, but it will surely help you get started. And whenever you feel demotivated, remember you can always come back to this article to get your dose of motivation.