Tom Brady is an ace-level American footballer. He plays as a quarterback for the New England Patriots of the NFL. He is renowned for winning numerous championships multiple times. Even at 43 years of age, he is as fit and active as he was in his 20s. Standing tall at 6 feet and 4 inches, Brady weighs 224 lbs. He maintains a lean and athletic physique that takes his game performance to an elite level.
Tom Brady follows a training routine which is named as TB12 method. It comprises a unique set of exercises and diet plans that have served Brady to bring out his best form every single time.
This athletic diet guide is going to give you a detailed overview of Tom Brady’s diet plan that he religiously follows to enhance his athletic performance.
What Will I Learn?
Tom Brady’s Meal Plan
Tom Brady’s meal plan primarily puts a greater emphasis on consuming whole and minimally processed food. His meal plan has no place for any kind of food item that might promote inflammation or acidification. It is aimed towards boosting one’s energy levels on the one hand and reducing the risk of injuries on the other hand. It also ensures minimizing inflammation that might happen due to training. It improves one’s overall athletic performance. The nutritional component of Tom Brady’s diet plan promotes muscle pliability training which happens to be a crucial part of the TB12 method.
Tom Brady’s diet plan mixes up the principles of Mediterranean, alkaline, and anti-inflammatory diets. It promotes the consumption of seasonal, locally grown, organic foods. Tom Brady mostly consumes a plant-based diet. It is usually a high-protein diet that is free from gluten, MSG, coffee, sugar, trans-fats, GMOs, dairy, corn, alcohol, and soy. At times when Tom Brady consumes animal products, which he rarely does, he makes sure that it is a lean protein source like fish.
Tom Hardy’s meal plan has an 80/20 pattern. That means 80% of his diet consists of whole grains, beans, and vegetables, while the rest 20% consists of lean meats like duck, steak, or chicken. He doesn’t eat eggplant, tomatoes, and pepper. The options of lean meats must be grass-fed and free from any kind of antibiotics or hormones. Fish, which also happens to be a good source of lean protein, must be wild-caught and not farmed.
Tom Brady’s diet chart looks something like this:-
Tom Brady Diet Plan
Meal 1 – Breakfast
Meal 2 – Post Workout
Meal 3 – Lunch
Meal 4 – Dinner
If you are planning to follow Tom Brady’s diet plan, there are some other points too that you need to follow. Let’s have a look at them.
- Combining Foods: While being on the Tom Brady diet plan, you are not supposed to pair foods that are high in carbohydrates to foods that are high in proteins. For instance, you can’t eat meat or fish together with rice or sweet potatoes.
- Drinking Plenty of Fluids: Tom Brady’s diet plan instructs you to consume plenty of fluids while following his diet plan. An ideal measure would be to get your body weight in pounds and drink that many ounces of water daily. However, you must keep in mind not to drink water with or around meals.
- No food before bed: Tom Brady’s diet plan instructs that a person should stop/avoid eating within 3 hours before going to bed. There have been certain researches claiming that eating late at night time and that too before going to bed might elevate the levels of body fat. This can further make you gain unhealthy weight.
- No Desserts at all: Tom Brady is so strict towards his diet plan that he doesn’t even have a cheat day. That means no ice creams, no soft drinks, and no desserts. At times he eats ice cream that is made from avocados and cocoa or raw macaroons. This is the closest he gets to desserts.
Tom Brady’s dedication towards his sport is unmatchable, and it gets shown from his strict diet. In his own words,
“Whether that’s what I eat, whether I drink or don’t drink, it’s always football-centric. I want to be the best I can be every day.”
Tom Brady’s Supplements
Tom Brady’s strict nutrition plan also includes some supplements, which make it well-rounded. Some of his preferred supplements are as follows:-
- Protein Powders: Protein powders aid in providing the muscles with an instant supply of essential amino acids that promotes recovery and maintains muscle mass. Brady prefers to have plant-based protein powders as his diet mainly consists of vegetables, and he swears by their effectiveness.
- Electrolytes: Intense training sessions lead to dehydration of the body through sweating. Tom Brady uses electrolytes which help him to rehydrate and replenish quickly. It contains no additives, sweeteners, or preservatives.
- Multivitamins: To maintain increased levels of energy and muscle strength, Tom Brady supplements his regular diet with Multivitamins. It also helps in keeping his mood elevated and reduces any kind of stress.
This was all about Tom Brady’s diet plan. We expect that following it will fetch you great results.