Who doesn’t know about Stephen Curry? Stephen Curry is the best-known shooter of all time in the record of NBA.
From choosing the three-point shot, to impressing the audience with his remarkable playing skills, Steph has been rewarded with the title of the Most Valuable Player (twice), NBA Three-Point Contest champion (2015), and many others. Steph has also won the NBA championships (thrice).
But this is not our point of discussion, what we are going to talk about is his incredible eating habits. Yes, our favorite basketball champ follows a strict regimen for his diet and workout.
The diet chart of Curry is not rocket science, it is the routine food that we all eat. So what is the secret behind his unbelievable fitness, and flexibility? Don’t worry, here in this article, we are going to discuss Stephen Curry’s Diet Plan.
Stephen Curry’s Diet Plan
The child of a retired NBA player, Steph is also an elder brother of Seth Curry (again a Basketball player). We totally can conclude that Basketball runs in their family.
When on the court, Steph makes Basketball looks super easy, and effortless. The way he swiftly moves on with the ball towards the net, everyone around is stunned by his precision. After watching him, at some point, everyone has considered taking up Basketball as a career.
But how does he do that? Our champ Curry is highly dedicated to his meal plan, workout, and training. With careful observation, he has set up a regimen to stay healthy and flexible. Here is the rigorous diet plan that the player stringently follows to maintain his sporty physique.
Stephen Curry’s Meal Plan
Breakfast (8:30 AM)
He gets most of his morning energy from fresh fruit smoothies, avocado toast, cereals, fresh fruits, milk, and eggs
Lunch (2:00 PM)
The player maintains his fitness by consuming Vegetables and fresh fruits for fibers, lean meat, sandwiches with chicken or seafood, and quinoa for protein. For carbohydrate or fat sources, he takes sweet potatoes, flaxseeds, and shrimps for multiple requirements.
Dinner (6:30 PM)
For dinner, Steph intakes Pasta (sometimes), chicken, salad, flaxseeds, and quinoa to get all the necessary nutrition.
The player is fond of popcorn, jelly sandwiches, and peanut butter and eats any of these before playing a game as a pre-game snack.
As we can see here, the diet chart of Stephen Curry is highly balanced and includes all the crucial nutritional requirements of the body.
Besides this, the time of every meal is excellently managed. With no heavy meal after the sunset, Steph is always laser-focused on his strict diet chart.
It is always said, to stay healthy, one should not consume food after the sunset, pretty true, isn’t it? However, before his game, or during his cheat day, he consumes popcorn, as he is an ardent lover of popcorn and calls himself a popcorn addict.
Besides these, Curry drinks at least 7-8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated and to maintain the water level in the body.
All his meals are exclusively prepared by his wife Ayesha, who herself is a celebrated cook and handles a cooking channel. Steph believes in the concept of “eat whatever you can diet” to maintain his calorie level.
What to Eat
Steph and his wife Ayesha are highly dedicated to the stringent meal plan. They focus on eating healthy and search for foods. The basketball player recommends consuming foods that are naturally available and not processed.
Steph eats the following foods to stay fit and healthy.
- Eggs for healthy protein
- Shrimps for multiple nutritional requirements
- Lean meat
- Flaxseeds for healthier carbs
- Quinoa for supplement-free protein requirements
- Sweet potatoes for a healthier alternative to carbs
- Fresh high fiber-containing fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, apples, etc.
- Spices such as black pepper help a lot in the digestion
- Green Vegetables such as kale, capsicum, broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, spinach, cucumber, etc.
- Whole wheat
- Brown rice
- 7-8 glasses of water
What to Avoid
To maintain his agility, flexibility, and strength, the renowned Basketball player hits the gym regularly with one rest day a week. To maintain his fitness level, he also avoids certain foods.
However, a balanced diet doesn’t mean one can not enjoy the delicacies. One can enjoy eating junk foods such as chocolates, favorite ice cream, cake slices guilt-free on cheat days. On other days, one should focus well on eating healthy.
The foods given below are considered unhealthy. These foods should be avoided to stay fit and healthy.
- Processed foods
- White rice
- Excessive sugar
- Unhealthy and complex carbs
- Sweet beverages such as soda, energy drinks, etc.
- Deep-fried foods
- Potatoes in any form such as French fries, patties, etc.
- Junk food
Stephen Curry’s Supplements
Stephen Curry works incredibly hard by hitting the gym daily, eats healthy, however, to fill that extra void, Steph includes certain supplements in his diet to maintain the muscle mass.
- Protein supplements– Curry takes protein supplements such as whey protein to maintain muscle mass. He takes his whey protein along with a smoothie.
- Creatine– Steph also takes Creatine to improve stamina and to get energy supply.
- Omega 3S– Omega 3S is good for Brain health and also prevents edema.
- Glucosamine– Every player needs to focus on his joints’ health to maintain flexibility. Glucosamine is their best bet.
- Collagen– Collagen is good for maintaining the flexibility and elasticity of the muscles and the joints.
- Tart Cherry Extract– Tart Cherry extract is taken to maintain the required muscle mass as well as for the high energy level.
- Magnesium and Epsom salt– Stephen also soaks himself in Magnesium and Epsom salts to relax, detoxify and prevent muscle cramps.
If you are also looking forward to taking these supplements, you can consider taking them only after consulting your physician.
If you observe keenly, you will notice that the foods eat by Steph are not phenomenal, they are available easily over the counter. His diet plan is not some rocket science, rather a simple meal plan that can be followed by anyone.
But what makes Steph extraordinary is his sheer dedication and goal-oriented approach, where his focus is only on eating healthy foods and avoiding unhealthy foods. You can also get a physique like Curry provided you have strong dedication and perseverance towards the goal.