When it comes to physical transformations, diet plays a crucial role along with intense training sessions. If you don’t feed your body well, it won’t show you the results. Shia LaBeouf also followed a strict diet plan when he needed to bulk up for portraying various characters on-screen. He gained an impressive 15 lbs of pure muscle mass by being on a strict diet plan and a well-structured training program.
This celebrity diet guide is going to throw some light on Shia LaBeouf’s diet plan that transformed him from a lanky guy next door to a muscular and fit man whose screen presence made a great impact.
What Will I Learn?
Shia LaBeouf’s Meal Plan
Shia LaBeouf has an ectomorphic body type. His body naturally tends to fall on the leaner side. Even though Shia has been a hard gainer, he went on to put on 15 lbs of pure muscle mass to portray his character in Indiana Jones.
To put on the lean muscle mass which made Shia look badass, he relied on a high-protein, high-carb, and low-fat diet. Whole foods acquired a major part of his meal plan. The food items that he consumed can be found in a regular bodybuilding diet chart. It consisted of egg whites, chicken, rice, broccoli, oatmeal, and pasta.
To keep his body hydrated, Shia LaBeouf also ensured to drink adequate amounts of water. It kept him refreshed and hydrated even after going through intense training sessions that extended up to three hours.
Shia LaBeouf meal plan looked something like this:-
Shia LaBeouf Diet Plan
Eight Egg Whites
Shia LaBeouf followed a strict nutrition plan and avoided certain food items. Dairy products, junk food, refined sugar, processed food, nightshade vegetables, artificial additives, and chemical ingredients were a complete no-no in his diet plan.
Being a hard-gainer, it was quite challenging for Shia LaBeouf to consume food every couple of hours as he was not used to such eating habits. To make sure he feeds his body with enough calories, he supplemented his food intake with protein shakes that he consumed every couple of hours. He used to consume 3-4 protein shakes a day. He took a gap of around 2.5-3 hours between two consecutive meals.
Shia LaBeouf’s Supplements
Apart from consuming whole foods, Shia LaBeouf also relied on taking supplements to up his caloric intake and fulfill his nutritional requirements. Protein shakes have always been a prominent part of Shia LaBeouf’s diet plan. He still takes his protein shakes 3-4 times a day. Apart from protein shakes, Shia also takes some energy boosters that keep his body energetic and active.
Shia LaBeouf supplements stack comprises of the following:-
- Whey Protein: Whey Protein happens to be the most important supplement in Shia’s supplement stack. Proteins are the building blocks of muscle, protein aid in promoting muscle gains. Consuming protein shakes also makes him feel full and satisfied.
- Weight Gainers: Weight gainers are specifically designed for hard gainers. They help in upping their caloric intake, which thereby enables them to grow muscles.
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs): BCAAs are usually sipped in-between the workouts. They provide the muscles with a ready supply of amino acids during intense training sessions. BCAAs help in increasing stamina along with reducing the overall recovery time of muscles.
- Multivitamins: Multivitamins help in keeping the body energetic and maintain muscle strength. It also helps in reducing the levels of stress and anxiety.
- Magnesium and zinc supplements: Magnesium aids in relaxing the body, and promotes sound sleep. Zinc, on the other hand, helps in restoring the hormonal balance.
- Omega-3S: Omega-3S promotes the healthy functioning of the brain. It also helps in reducing inflammation throughout the body and aids in overall recovery.
It must be kept in mind that supplements are not a substitute for whole foods. They act as a support to fulfill the nutritional requirements of the body.
Shia LaBeouf had to force-feed himself to put on the size that made him look so remarkable. If you are a hard-gainer, Shia LaBeouf’s diet plan can guide you pretty well. Just make sure to consume adequately after every 2.5-3 hours and stay away from junk foods. This will aid in facilitating a cleaner bulk.