SHAH RUKH KHAN, the name that simply revolutionized the world of entertainment. This evergreen actor has a fan base of zillions of people around the globe. He is known for his charm, his wit, and his mesmerizing on-screen performances. All this has contributed to making him the second richest actor in the world.
Shah Rukh Khan’s filmography primarily consists of romantic movies. But in his career, he has also done some projects that required him to look muscular and ripped.
Being a hardworking and sincere actor, SRK worked his butt off and transformed his physique for the first time when he was in his early 40s. His fans liked his ripped 6-pack look which further made him sport his aesthetic body in many of his other projects.
Here in this post, we will be throwing light on Shah Rukh Khan’s workout routine and diet plan that he relies on to maintain his lean, aesthetic, and extremely fit body. Let’s get started.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Workout Principles
View this post on Instagram
SRK used to play various sports like cricket, football, and hockey in his school and college days. He is still quite passionate about sports and often plays a game of football or cricket with his children. Well, it has positively impacted his overall fitness levels.
Talking about Shah Rukh Khan’s workout plan, it combines rehab workouts, strength training, and cardio.
- He trains 5 days a week and each of his training sessions lasts for around 60-90 minutes.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Workout Routine
Shah Rukh Khan’s workout routine is targeted toward keeping him fit and in great shape. However, when it comes to building a physique for portraying a certain character, he makes slight modifications in his training program.
Shah Rukh trains under famous celebrity trainer Prashant Sawant. Prashant guides him in building the body that is required to play certain movie roles. He also takes good care of Shah Rukh’s general fitness levels.
Now, let’s have a look at what all training styles form an essential part of his workout routine:-
SRK’s lean and ripped physique has been a result of his intense weight training sessions. He usually lifts light-moderate weights for a relatively higher number of reps.
Shah Rukh follows a typical ‘bro-split‘. His workout split requires him to train each of his muscle groups once a week. Let’s have a look at his weekly workout split that has been mentioned below:-
Monday- Chest, and triceps
- Barbell bench press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Incline chest flys- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Standard pushups- 4 sets of AMRAP
- Cable tricep pushdowns- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Rope overhead extensions- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell kickbacks- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Incline dumbbell press- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable crossovers- 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Incline svend press- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bench dips- 3 sets of 20-25 reps
- Pushups- 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Plank to push-ups- 3 sets of 5 reps
Tuesday- Back and biceps
- Barbell/T-bar rows- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Face pulls- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell pullover- 4 sets of AMRAP
- Barbell curls- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hammer curls- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell curls- 4 sets of AMRAP
- Lat pulldowns (pronated grip)- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Cable straight-arm pushdowns- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Machine preacher curls- 3 sets of 15 reps
- Standard plank- 3 sets of 60 seconds
- Kettlebell deadlifts- 3 sets of 20 reps
- Chin-ups- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hanging leg raises- 4 sets of 20 reps
- V-ups- 4 sets of 20 reps
- L-sit holds– 4 sets of 30 seconds
- Lying leg raises- 3 sets of 25 reps
- Scissor kicks- 3 sets of 30 reps
- Superman hold– 3 sets of 30 seconds
- Weighted planks- 3 sets of 60 seconds
- Standard push-ups- 3 sets of AMRAP
- Battle ropes- 3 sets of 60 seconds
- Arnold press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Front raises- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell/kettlebell upright rows- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell shrugs- 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Dumbbell shrugs- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Power cleans (with light dumbbells or empty barbell)- 3 sets of AMRAP
- Machine overhead press- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lateral raises- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bent-over flys- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell snatch- 5 sets of 10 reps
- Kettlebell swings- 5 sets of 20 reps
Friday- Legs, calves, and blowout
- Goblet squats- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Plyometric lunges- 4 sets of 10-12 reps each
- Wall sits- 4 sets till failure
- Leg press- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Calf raises on a leg press machine- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Standing or seated calf raises- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bulgarian split squats- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hip thrusts- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Jump squats or box jumps- 3 sets of 20 reps
- Wall balls- 2 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Romanian deadlifts- 2 sets of 5 reps
Saturday and Sunday- Rest
Even though Shah Rukh doesn’t train on weekends, he ensures to keep himself active. On those days, he likes to play some sports with his children.
Shah Rukh’s cardio routine is keeps his body lean, toned and athletic. His cardio routine includes exercises like running or cycling.
When he is required to look excessively lean for some movie role or photoshoot, he chooses to rely on HIIT to burn off excess calories/fat from his frame and to appear more ripped and muscular.
SRK has been in the movies for over 30 years. And in this huge span of time, he has incurred numerous injuries. Hence, his workout program also incorporates some elements of rehab training so that his injuries don’t get worse.
By performing rehab workouts SRK is able to keep his body in better condition which allows him to do even action sequences.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Diet Plan
Shah Rukh has always been pretty disciplined with sticking to his diet plan. He has no bad eating habits and rarely likes to have a cheat meal.
Shah Rukh Khan’s diet plan has higher amounts of protein and lower amounts of carbs. He seldom consumes food items that have fat in them. His diet plan includes food items like legumes, egg whites, non-fat milk, lean cuts of meat, skinless chicken, fresh fruits, raw veggies, and sources of complex carbs like oats or brown rice.
Shah Rukh eats 3 major meals in a day. Now let’s have a look at the food items that Shah Rukh prefers having in his meal plan:-
Meal 1- Breakfast
- Fruit juice
Meal 2- Lunch
- Skinless chicken
Meal 3- Dinner
- Green salad
When it comes to having snacks in between his major meals, Shah Rukh prefers to go with healthier food items. He likes having nuts, fruits, raw veggies, and even a protein shake/bar as a snack.
When it comes to taking a break from his strict diet plan, Shah Rukh loves to munch on tandoori chicken. He even likes to have chole bhature at times. But he always ensures to not over consume them.
Shah Rukh stays away from consuming food items that are excessively processed or fried. Food items that are made with refined grains or have artificial sugar in them also find no place in his diet chart.
Staying hydrated is crucial
To keep his system adequately hydrated, Shah Rukh ensures to drink plenty of water throughout the day. He even likes having fruit juices and coconut water to serve that purpose. Doing so also helps in keeping his hair and skin healthy.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Supplements
Shah Rukh has always been pretty disciplined about following his nutrition plan. To make it complete and wholesome, he even includes a few supplements into it.
Shah Rukh Khan’s supplements stack incorporates the following supplements:-
- Whey protein
Having a whey protein shake post his workout sessions, fuels his muscles with essential amino acids that promote muscle recovery and growth. It also assists in keeping hunger pangs away.
Consuming a multivitamin supplement on the other hand fetches his body with essential vitamins and minerals along with numerous other micronutrients. It also aids in making up for nutritional deficiencies that arise out of his hectic schedule.
So that was all about Shah Rukh Khan’s workout routine and diet plan. If you too want to get as fit and active just like the King of Bollywood, you can design your training program and nutrition plan based on the info mentioned in this post.
Just ensure to make slight modifications to it in accordance with your training experience and fitness goals. You can also take the assistance of an experienced trainer to gain the most out of it.
Last but not least, you must keep in mind that consistency is the key. If you stay consistent with following your fitness regime you would surely enjoy the results you are aspiring for.