Ronny Rockel is a German IFBB pro bodybuilder. He is known for his monstrous size which also exudes great aestheticism.
Ronny’s capped delts and sweeping quads make his physique appear huge. And owing to this reason, he has acquired prominent positions in numerous professional bodybuilding competitions.
His journey into the world of bodybuilding was not a smooth one. But despite facing many adversities, he went on to carve a niche for himself in it.
To inspire all those who intend to become just like him, he says,
“If you really want something, you do whatever it takes to get it.”
So let’s get to know how Ronny builds and maintains such a massive and aesthetic body by having a detailed insight into Ronny Rockel’s workout routine and diet plan.
Ronny Rockel Workout Schedule
Ronny hits the gym 4 days a week. On most days, he trains twice a day. In a single training session, he hits 2-3 muscle groups.
Ronny Rockel’s weekly workout split looks like the following:-
- Monday- Chest, Calves, and Cardio (AM), Biceps, Forearms, and Cardio (PM)
- Tuesday- Back, Abs, and Cardio (AM), Triceps, Rear Delts, and Cardio (PM)
- Wednesday- Quadriceps and Abs (AM), Hams, Calves, and Cardio (PM)
- Thursday- Shoulders and Abs (AM)
- Friday- Abs and Cardio (AM)
- Saturday and Sunday- Rest
Ronny Rockel’s Workout Routine
View this post on Instagram
Ronny Rockel’s workout routine focuses on facilitating lean muscle gains. To serve that purpose, heavy lifting happens to be the core of his training sessions.
But at the same time, Ronny makes sure that the weight he is lifting is not heavy enough that can compromise his lifting form. No matter what exercise he is doing, he always ensures to perform it with strict form.
Doing so enables him to adequately stimulate his target muscle groups. It also keeps his body away from any kind of injury that is a result of poor technique and form.
At present, Ronny doesn’t prefer to use excessively heavier weights. He claims that he has already built a decently massive and muscular physique by doing so in his early years. So all that he needs to focus on is maintaining his size and musculature which can be done by using moderate weights as well.
Ronny is pretty instinctive with his training. He understands his body well and trains accordingly. On days when he doesn’t feel the drive to train intensely, he simply drops his training intensity. This also saves his body from incurring any kind of injury.
Now let’s find out what all exercises are performed by Ronny Rockel for each of his muscle groups:-
- Barbell bench press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Incline bench press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Decline machine chest press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Pec-deck flys- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable crossovers- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Wide-grip lat pulldowns- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Reverse grip machine lat pulldowns- 3 sets of 12 reps
- T-bar rows- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Supinated grip EZ-bar rows- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated cable rows- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Machine pullovers- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Overhead press- 4 sets of 10 reps
- Lateral raises- 3 sets of 15 reps
- Machine lateral raises- 4 sets of 15 reps
- Upright rows- 5 sets of 15 reps
- Behind the back barbell shrugs- 3 sets of 15 reps
- Rear lateral machine (palms in)- 1 set of 15 reps
- Rear lateral machine (palms out)- 1 set of 15 reps
- Bent-over lateral raises- 1 set of 15 reps
- Close grip bench press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Straight-bar pushdowns- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Single arm triceps pushdowns- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell curls- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Hammer curls- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- High-pulley cable curls- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Front squats- 5 sets of 6-10 reps
- V squats- 2 sets of 8-12 reps
- Hack squats (narrow stance)- 2 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Standing calf raises- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated calf raises- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Secret Behind Massive Shoulders
Ronny’s round and bulging shoulders are certainly one of the most noticeable muscle groups in his body. To train them adequately, he splits his shoulder training sessions into two parts.
In one shoulder training session, he trains his front and side delts whereas, in the next one, he targets his rear delts.
Ronny also credits his delt development to be a result of training on good equipment. It allows him to stimulate his delts optimally.
Last but not least, Ronny trains his shoulders with super strict form. He slows down the eccentric phase of his shoulder exercises to force them to work harder.
Training Intensity Before Competition
Two weeks before the competition, Ronny used to switch his workout routine a little bit. Undoubtedly, his training intensity used to be high but he never trained excessively before a competition.
This was because he didn’t want to take the risk of training in an overly motivated state and getting injured. He also never wanted to feel excessively sore and fatigued right before stepping on the stage.
Evan Centopani’s Workout Routine and Diet
Larry Scott’s Workout and Diet
Erin Banks’ Workout Routine and Diet
Hadi Choopan’s Workout and Diet Plan
Ronny Rockel’s Diet Plan
Healthy eating happens to be the bottom line of Ronny Rockel’s diet plan.
Ronny usually sticks to a high-protein diet plan. He also consumes moderate amounts of complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. To fetch his body essential vitamins and minerals, he prefers having fresh fruits and vegetables.
Ronny’s daily protein intake comes from eggs, tuna, broccoli, and cottage cheese. He also consumes rice cakes to fuel his body with good carbs.
Ronny also drinks plenty of water and other fluids throughout the day to keep his body adequately hydrated.
What To Eat:
- Grilled meat
- Egg omelet
- Rice cake
- Cottage Cheese
Ronny Rockel’s Supplements
Apart from feeding his body plenty of whole food items, Ronny also relies on consuming certain supplements. Doing so makes Ronny’s nutrition plan as complete as it can be.
Ronny Rockel’s supplements stack includes the following:-
- Whey protein
Most of Ronny’s training sessions happen to be pretty intense. To ensure his energy levels are on point to go through such brutal sessions, Ronny takes a pre-workout supplement.
He consumes whey protein and BCAA to fuel his body with essential amino acids. They play a crucial role in keeping the body in an anabolic state. This in turn translates into greater muscle recovery and growth.
A glutamine supplement is known for its capabilities in regulating protein synthesis and breakdown.
Last but not least, Ronny consumes a zinc supplement for its effectiveness in boosting immunity and regulating enzymes in the body. It also contributes towards boosting testosterone production which results in building lean muscle mass.
Joe Weider’s Workout Routine and Diet
Steve Kuclo’s Workout and Diet Plan
Phrak’s Greyskull LP Program
PHAT Workout Routine
The level of physical development that Ronny has achieved isn’t just a result of his training program and nutrition plan. His dedication and commitment to building an impressive physique have also played a prominent role in it.
And if you also show that level of dedication and commitment you too can transform your body completely. But before you get started with your fitness journey to transform your body, you must be clear about your fitness goals.
Once you are clear your fitness goals, you can rely on the info mentioned in this post to design your fitness regime.