If anyone could be called Adonis of the WWE Universe, he has to be Randy Orton. The size and aesthetics of his physique are simply unmatchable. Not only does his physique exude great strength but it also exhibits a great deal of agility.
Randy Orton’s bodybuilding diet plan plays a key role in getting him a physique that is admired by millions of his fans around the world. So here the question arises what does Orton eat to sport such a physique year round? This post is going to answer that question for you in detail. Let’s get through it.
What Will I Learn?
Randy Orton Diet Plan
Randy Orton usually follows a high-protein low-carbohydrate diet plan. He consumes up to 250 grams of protein in a day. A major chunk of his daily protein intake comes from protein shakes and protein bars. The rest of it comes from fish, eggs and chicken breast.
Carbohydrates are the prime source of energy. To ensure that his body gets adequate amounts of carbs, Orton relies on consuming potatoes, oats and brown rice. At times he even enjoys a pancake. But he totally restricts his carb intake after 8 pm and increases his protein intake which facilitates better recovery and recuperation of his muscles.
The following table will give you a descriptive overview of Randy Orton’s meal plan.
Randy Orton Meal Plan
6 Egg Whites
2 Whole Eggs
100 g Oatmeal with Raisins
Protein Bar/ Protein Shake
100 g Brown Rice
2 Chicken Breast
Randy Orton loves to have Sushi and eats it at least three times a week. He also eats fish to feed his body with all the essential fatty acids (EFAs). EFAs have anti-inflammatory properties and it also allows one to have a better sleep.
Junk foods find no place in Randy Orton’s diet chart. But at times when he has a sweet tooth, he loves to have ice creams.
What to Eat?
Choosing to feed one’s body with healthier food items is the way to get a physique like that of Randy Orton. Orton has always been very meticulous about what he feeds his body and is quite disciplined about his eating habits. Some of the most common food items of his nutrition plan are:-
- Whole Eggs
- Egg Whites
- Cottage Cheese
- Protein Shakes
- Protein Bars
- Rice Cakes
- Brown Rice
What to Avoid?
When it comes to building and maintaining a lean and muscular physique for which Orton is known, there are certain food items that are needed to be avoided at all costs. They are:-
- Fast Food
- Fried Food
- Junk Food
- Refined Foods
- Processed Food
- Added Sugar
- Soft Drinks
Randy Orton Supplements
Randy Orton has to feed his body with all the nutrients that it needs for better performance. For a man who is having such a heavy build, getting all the nutrients just from whole food items can be a bit challenging. Hence, he relies on certain supplements to complete his nutritional needs. Randy Orton’s supplements stack include the following:-
- Whey Protein Powder: During an intense training session, your muscles go through a lot of damage. Hence, fuelling them with adequate amounts of protein becomes crucial post-workout. In such a scenario, whey protein acts as the best supplement owing to its fast-digesting properties. Whey protein quickly gets assimilated into your bloodstream and provides muscles with all the amino acids they require for growth and recuperation.
- BCAA: BCAAs or Branched Chain Amino Acids are one of the most popular supplements that are used by athletes. Their training sessions are pretty intense and therefore tend to damage their muscle fibers to a great extent. BCAA supplement is an important item of their supplement stack which makes sure those muscle fibers are recovered well. BCAAs also aid in reducing muscle loss.
- Creatine: Supplementing your diet plan with creatine can show significant improvements in your overall athletic capabilities. Ideally, it is consumed post-workout. It tends to enhance the capacity of your muscles to take up more stress which translates into better training performance and thereby promotes both strength and muscle gains. It also helps in delaying the onset of fatigue.
- Glutamine: After an intense exercising session, your muscles tend to get sore due to the lactic acid build-up in them. A good-quality glutamine supplement not only helps in decreasing that soreness but also boosts the recovery of the muscle tissues.
- Dextrose: Dextrose is nothing but a simple sugar that has been made from starch. It is also referred to as D-glucose. It is known for its calorie-dense nature. Dextrose can be easily broken down for energy by the body. It acts as a great supplement to increase muscle mass.
- Pre-Workout: Randy Orton prefers pre-workouts enhanced with thermogenic ingredients. It allows him to get a lean and chiseled physique along with giving an increased energy.
- Beta-Alanine: Beta-Alanine is a great supplement that is used to enhance an athlete’s sports performance. It is one of the most popular sports supplements. It enhances the endurance levels of an athlete. Supplementing one’s diet plan with a good quality Beta-Alanine supplement increases the amount of time for which one can perform high-intensity exercises like sprinting and weightlifting. This further translates into increased exercising capacity which promotes lean muscle gains.
- Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methybutyrate (HMB): This nutritional supplement contains active metabolites of the essential amino acids leucine. It helps in enhancing protein synthesis, aids in increasing lean muscle mass and decreases muscle damage. HMB also shows significant anti-catabolic effects.
So that is how the Viper keeps himself in top shape throughout the year. We all can indeed get motivated by the discipline that Orton exhibits by following a strict diet plan throughout the year. Even though he has to make certain sacrifices in terms of restricting himself from eating certain food items, nevertheless those sacrifices are worth it.