Certainly Not! One Protein Bars are, in fact, far from being Keto-friendly, and these include all their flavors. Keto diet prescribes a low carb diet but allows reasonably high-fat content.
Some keto dieters warned against sugar alcohol, which upsets the digestive process. Any ingredient(s) with a potential glycemic index result in elevating the blood sugar but it is different for different people.
The One Protein Bars have 19 flavors, the main highlight is the high protein content which also satisfies the people who search for a low carb diet.
What Will I Learn?
Can I Eat One Protein Bar On Keto Diet?
Unfortunately Not! Carb content present in the One Protein bars will derail the ketogenic diet. Even though they have multiple flavors, none of them qualifies to be keto-friendly at their best.
As stated above, every One Protein Bar does not qualify to help the ketogenic diet process. Certain protein bars would contain many additives, which would ruin the low carb diet. The One protein bar, according to the manufacturers, has the following ingredients:
- One gram of sugar
- 21g of protein
- 230 calories
In reality, there is much information available on its nutrition label, which would be discussed below:
As per keto-diet, an ideal meal should be high in fat but low in carbohydrates for ketosis. Protein, Fat, and Carbohydrates contribute to calories. Here are the facts of the One Protein bar and its essential nutrients:
- One bar protein contains Soy Lecithin as an emulsifier. Soy has elevated levels of phytoestrogens, and these would lead to hormonal imbalances. This is one reason why keto diet followers to steer clear of Soy or its derivatives.
- Sunflower Seed Butter is on the list of ingredients. These are not keto-approved as they contain Polydextrose, which indicates sugar is added to the Butter. Ideally, Sun butter is okay but should not contain any sugar.
- The next item is Cornstarch. This ingredient is very high in carbs and defeats the keto dieter’s mission of consuming products with low carbs, affecting ketosis.
- Isomalto-Oligosaccharides may be sourced from vegetables and have a low glycemic index at 33 plus, but it is easily more than half a tablespoon when converted into sugar. Thus it is bound to hamper the ketogenic diet and considered dangerous for a keto dieter.
- Maltitol is found to be on the same lines as Isomalto-Oligosaccharides with a glycemic index at 35 measured in powder form. It is more than half a tablespoon of sugar and a relatively high sugar component compared to sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners. They also have many side effects.
One Protein Bars tend to use many added sweeteners for the taste to remain good and push up energy levels. This does not fall in line with Keto approved norms as they contribute to the total calories.
Carbohydrates are restricted and it should be within 20 – 50 grams a day for a keto dieter. This is easily violated by the One Protein Bar.
Proteins are one positive point in this product but are undone by using other ingredients that exceed the carb limit, thus leading to weight gain.
Sugar may be advertised as only one gram, but the sugars present in the product take it well beyond keto norms.
Serving Size: 60g
Isomalto-oligosaccharides, vegetable glycerin, maltitol, sucralose
All 19 flavors are almost identical in nutrition values.
Artificial sweeteners are not removed from Net carbs.
The One Protein Bar does not even sit on the fence in relation to the Keto Diet. Every person who follows keto dieting should check through the labels of the product and perhaps even consult a nutritionist to know what the ingredients would collectively do.
Is V8 Vegetable Juice Keto Friendly?
Are Atkins Meal Bars Keto Friendly?
Are Mission Carb Balance Tortillas Keto Friendly?
Is Rebel Ice Cream Keto Friendly?
Are SlimFast Keto Bars, Snacks & Shakes Keto Friendly?