A lot of people think that bodybuilders who have great physique simply lift weights in the gym and run on the treadmill for hours. But, that is just the exterior and most basic effort that they do.
What we fail to distinguish is the daily challenge of choosing to live healthily. Every day, you plan your meal, eating what will help you with trying to lose weight or build muscles while avoiding the foods that most people regularly eat.
In short, nutrition is the key to achieving your physique goals. In order to reach that great shape, you need to have a goal-specific meal plan in order to achieve the best and fastest results.
However, this isn’t an easy task because you need to sort out your own meal plan. When starting a workout, you have to know what you need and what you want to achieve.
Just a little reminder,
Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach. Click to tweet
This will be a more difficult task if you have zero ideas on where to start! So we will try to help you achieve your best muscle-bound potential with these general guidelines you must remember in applying this meal plan.
Simple Diet Tips To Lose Belly Fat
The Complete Guide To Workout Nutrition
5 Simple Nutrition Tips to Build More Muscle
How Much Protein Do You Need To Build Muscle?
- Consume 0.8 – 1.2g of protein per pound or almost 2g per kg of your current body weight each day.
- Take note that 1g of protein contains 4 calories. You will understand why you need this fact later on.
How Much Fat Do You Need To Build Muscle?
- Consume 20-30% of your total daily calorie intake from fat.
How To Calculate Your Recommended Fat Intake?
- For example, you have figured out from the ideal amount of calories that you need to eat an amount of 2,000 calories daily.
- Let’s also say that you decide to go with an even 25% of your total calories from fat.
- 25% of the 2,000 calories is 500.
- Since there are 9 calories per gram of fat, you simply need to divide 500 by 9 which results in 56g of fat every day.
How Many Carbs Should You Eat Per Day To Gain Muscle?
How To Calculate Your Recommended Carb Intake?
- Let’s continue the example on the ideal amount of fat. If you are getting 500 calories from fat that is 56g per day, that means that the remaining 1,500 calories (2,000-1,500) aren’t consumed yet.
- If for instance, you weigh 150lbs, that means you need to eat about 150g of protein every day. Since 1 gram of protein contains 4 calories that means their protein intake will account for 600 calories each day (150 x 4 = 600).
- At this point, you have 600 calories worth of protein, your daily calorie intake added with the 500 calories worth of fat is 1,100. But since you need 2,000 calories per day, you still need 900 (2,000 – 1,100 = 900).
- All of those leftover 900 calories will come from carbs. Since 1 gram of carbs contains 4 calories, you need to consume about 224 grams of carbs per day (900 ÷ 4 = 225).
How Much Calorie Surplus For Muscle Gain?
- For men, a daily surplus of about 200 calories above your maintenance level
- For women, a daily surplus of about 100 calories above your maintenance level
Use our online tool to calculate your daily maintenance calorie intake
Are Figs Keto Friendly?
Is Ginger Keto Friendly?
How Many Calories Should an Athlete Eat Per Day
What your Muscle Building Diet should Include?
|Whole milk yogurt||5.7|
|Low fat yogurt||4.8|
|Bread (white or brown)||7.9|
Bodybuilding Diet Plan PDF
Click on the button to download this bodybuilding diet plan as a PDF file.
Best Indian Bodybuilding Diet Plan
Keto Friendly Items For Your Shopping List
High Protein Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Isabel Speckman is a North Carolina-based writer. In her 10 years as a professional writer, she’s worked in proposal management, grant writing, and content creation. Personally, she’s passionate about teaching her family how to stay safe, secure and action-ready in the event of a disaster or emergency.