Max Taylor popularly known as Max Taylor Lifts is a bodybuilder, fitness model, and social media sensation. With over a one million follower base on Instagram, Max has never failed to inspire people to build a muscular and aesthetic physique.
Your presence over here makes us assume that you must be willing to know about Max’s fitness secrets.
So without further ado, let’s give you a detailed insight into Max Taylor’s workout routine and diet plan. You will surely learn a lot from it.
Max Taylor’s Workout Principles
Max Taylor’s workout plan is a pretty simple one. The exercises that he includes in it don’t require a well-equipped modern gymnasium. But don’t mistake his workout routine to be an easy one.
Max Taylor sticks to a workout routine that is quite intense and also has a high volume. Well, that is what gives his muscles adequate stimulation and facilitates hypertrophy gains.
Being an avid gym freak, Max hits the gym 5-times a week. He follows a bro-split in which he trains each of his muscle groups once a week and dedicates a particular day to work on his cardiovascular endurance.
Max Taylor’s Workout Routine
Max Taylor’s workout routine is focused on facilitating both strength and size gains. To serve that purpose his exercise routine incorporates both compound and isolation lifts.
Max prefers to use barbells and dumbbells. But that doesn’t mean he avoids machines. He claims that he loves performing those exercises as well that use one’s body weight as resistance. And due to this reason pushups, chin-ups and pull-ups have always been in his exercise routine.
The execution of exercises like chin-ups and pull-ups not only gives his back muscles decent musculature but also works on improving his grip strength.
Now let’s have a look at Max Taylor’s weekly workout routine:-
- Dumbbell bench press- 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Machine chest press- 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell flys- 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Pec-dec flyes- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable crossovers- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Tuesday- Back and Delts
- Pull-ups- 2 sets of AMRAP
- Lat pulldowns- 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bent-over barbell rows- 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- One-arm dumbbell rows- 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder press- 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated lateral raises- 2 sets of 12 reps
- Rear delt flyes- 2 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell shrugs- 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell back squats- 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Deadlifts- 3 sets of 8 reps
- Leg Extension- 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Lying leg curls- 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Goblet squats- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Leg press- 3 sets of 8 reps
- Chin-ups- 4 sets of AMRAP
- Preacher curls- 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable curls- 4 sets of 10 reps
- Diamond push-ups- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Tricep pushdowns- 4 sets of 10 reps
- Overhead rope extensions- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell kickbacks- 4 sets of 10 reps
Saturday- Cardio circuit and Abs
- 10-minutes on the exercise bike (as a warm-up)
- 20 minutes of HIIT intervals on the elliptical
- Mountain climbers- 2 sets of 12-15 reps
- Leg raises- 2 sets of 12 reps
- V-ups- 2 sets of 15 reps
- Cable crunch- 2 sets of 12-15 reps
- Deadbug- 2 sets of 15 reps
- Plank- 2 sets of 1 minute hold each
‘Form’ is crucial
No matter what exercise he is performing, Max makes it a point to execute it with perfect form. He always goes through a full range of motion and this further aids him to have better muscle contractions thus enhancing his mind-muscle connection.
Provisions for rest
To ensure that his body recovers well from his intense high-volume training sessions, Max takes rest days twice a week. On those days he doesn’t perform any strenuous physical activities and provides his body with as much rest as required.
Max Taylor’s Diet Plan
When it comes to building a strong, muscular, and aesthetic physique, eating right is as important as training hard. And Max always prefers to eat right to maintain his physique.
Max goes through bulking and cutting phases and hence, modifies his diet plan as per the requirements. But no matter whether he is bulking or cutting, Max ensures that his everyday caloric intake is coming from nutritious food items only.
Max Taylor’s diet plan has numerous sources of lean proteins, complex carbs, and good fats.
Given below is Max Taylor’s standard meal plan that he usually follows in his maintenance phase. Let’s have a look at it:-
Meal 1- Breakfast
- Lactaid milk
- Honeycomb cereal
Meal 2- Lunch
- Ham and cheese
- Bagel with cream cheese
- Sliced pineapple
Meal 3- Dinner
- 5 whole eggs
- Orange juice
- Greek yogurt
When it comes to having snacks in between his major meals, Max chooses to go with healthier food items. He likes snacking on seasonal fruits, veggies, nuts, and dry fruits. That way he is able to fetch his body with essential nutrients along with satisfying his hunger pangs.
Alex tracks his macros to ensure that he is eating right as per his fitness goals. This not only keeps him in great shape but also boosts his muscle recovery.
Max Taylor’s Supplements
We may agree on the fact that supplements are no magic pill. But we also can’t deny the fact that they give an added edge to one’s nutrition plan. And owing to this reason, Max also relies on a few of them.
As per one of his YouTube videos, his supplements stack includes the following:-
- Whey protein
- Fish oil
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
The above-mentioned supplements contribute towards elevating energy levels to sustain intense workouts, boosting muscle growth, reducing muscle soreness, speeding muscle strength recovery, reducing the chances of muscle injuries, and improving aerobic capacity.
So now that you know so much about Max Taylor’s workout routine and diet plan, it’s time for you to use that info to structure your fitness regime. Also, make sure to be consistent with following it.
If you take the assistance of an experienced trainer, that would further up your training progress. Doing all these will certainly assist in fulfilling both your physique and fitness goals.