Matt Morsia, popularly known by his YouTube channel name Matt Does Fitness is a UK-based fitness vlogger. He has become a sensation in the fitness community and has a massive subscriber base of fitness enthusiasts from around the world.
Matt sports a lean, muscular, and athletic body. Many of his viewers often aspire to get a physique like his. And if you are one of those then we can assure you that you are at the right place.
So let’s get to know more about Matt Does Fitness’ workout routine and diet plan where lies the secret of his amazing and aesthetic physique.
Matt Does Fitness’ Workout Principles
You must have seen numerous training videos of Matt where he attempts to go through a certain fitness challenge or mimics the exercise routine of an athlete. But the workout plan that he follows on a day-to-day basis is quite different.
Matt Does Fitness’ workout plan combines the elements of strength training and cardio. The former fetches his body decent muscle gains whereas the latter keeps his body lean and aesthetic.
Matt Does Fitness’ Workout Routine
The workout routine of Matt Does Fitness is a unique one. Instead of just focusing on a single aspect of physical fitness, it takes good care of every aspect.
This further means that his training program works on building up his muscle mass along with contributing towards fat loss, boosting his cardiovascular endurance, and keeping him in great shape.
Matt trains 5 days a week and each of his training sessions includes numerous exercises to subject the targeted muscles to a decent amount of stimulation.
So let’s find out what all exercises are included in Matt Does Fitness’ workout routine for the week:-
- V-ups- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Reverse crunches- 3 sets of 15 reps
- Crunches- 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Flutter kicks- 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Side planks- 3 sets of 60 seconds (on each side)
Tuesday- Full body
- Muscle-ups- 5 sets of 1 minute each
- Push-ups- 5 sets of 1 minute each
- Pull-ups- 5 sets of 1 minute each
- Bodyweight squats- 5 sets of 1 minute each
- Deadlifts- 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Barbell back squats- 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Stiff-legged deadlifts- 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Goblet squats- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell lying hamstring curls- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Standing calf raises- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Rope cable crunches- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Mountain climbers- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Hanging leg raises- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Crunches- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Russian twists- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Plank jacks- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Up and down planks- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Heel taps- 1 set for 30 seconds
- V-ups- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Reverse crunch- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Plank hip dips- 1 set for 30 seconds
- Light jogging on the treadmill (as a warm-up)- 10 minutes
- Jump rope- 2 sets of 2 minutes each
- Battle rope- 2 sets of 30 seconds each
- Exercise bike- 20 minutes
Saturday and Sunday- Rest
Matt is a huge admirer of performing bodyweight movements (such as pull-ups, push-ups, muscle-ups, etc.) as a part of his exercise routine.
Doing so gives his entire body a great workout that facilitates strength and muscle gains along with enhancing his core strength and overall body balance.
Matt has always been quite dedicated to sticking to his workout plan. And this shows up in his well-built physique.
Matt seldom skips his workout sessions. He has always been consistent with exercising and also advises others who want to look like him to follow suit.
Matt Does Fitness’ Diet Plan
Just the way Matt sticks to his intense training routine, he also pays special emphasis to feed his body right. Well, that’s how he has been able to maintain his ripped abs year-round.
There was a time when Matt was struggling with an eating disorder. But with discipline and dedication, he was able to overcome it.
At present, Matt sticks to a diet plan that has numerous sources of lean proteins, complex carbs, and good fats. It also has fruits and veggies that fetch his body adequate amounts of micronutrients and fibers.
Matt Does Fitness’ meal plan comprises 5-6 meals. Let’s find out what all food items are included in each of them:-
- Apple with peanut butter
- Peanut butter balls (made using peanut butter, chia seeds, flax seeds, and coconut oil)
- Coconut water
- Green vegetables
- Sweet potato
- Green beans
To get a break from his strict diet plan and satisfy his taste buds, Matt loves to enjoy a cheat meal once a week. On his cheat days, Matt loves to munch on cakes, burgers, and pizzas.
But at the same time, he ensures to not over consume them. He also stays away from food items that have refined sugar or artificial sweeteners in them or those that are excessively fried or processed.
Matt Does Fitness’ Supplements
Matt’s impressive physique has been a result of his good eating habits. He ensures to make his nutrition plan a complete one by incorporating a few supplements into it.
Matt Does Fitness’ supplements stack includes the following:-
- Whey protein
- Mass gainers
Matt consumes whey protein and BCAAs to boost muscle recovery and to keep his body in an anabolic state. Having creatine betters his overall exercising performance by facilitating ATP production.
Matt also likes to supplement his nutrition plan with mass gainers to fetch his body additional calories. He also includes an Omega-3s supplement in it which combats inflammation.
So now that you know so much about Matt Does Fitness’ workout routine and diet plan, why don’t you give it a shot? Just make sure to modify it a bit so that it suits your specific fitness goals and also caters to your training experience.
Also, don’t forget to stay consistent with following them as that will allow you to gain the most out of your fitness journey.