Martin Fitzwater, known as “The Martian,” has established a distinct position for himself within the realm of bodybuilding and fitness.
Martin’s fascination with the sport began when his father introduced him to the world of wrestling at the tender age of 3.
At the age of 14, Martin delved into the realm of bodybuilding. Through consistent dedication and effort, he progressively sculpted a remarkably impressive physique
Whenever Martin steps onto the bodybuilding stage, he never fails to showcase an incredible physique that captivates everyone’s attention.
His impressive size and stunning aesthetics make him a true standout among the competitors, leaving a lasting impression on all who witness his presence.
In this post, we’ll be shedding light on Martin Fitzwater’s workout routine and diet plan. We’ll explore the secrets behind his fitness journey, uncovering the exercises he follows and the delicious foods that fuel his body.
Martin Fitzwater’s Workout Routine
Martin’s incredible physique showcases a rare combination of size and aesthetics that truly stands out.
To achieve such an impressive physique, he follows a training program that maximizes the potential of every muscle group in his body. By pushing himself to the limit, Martin ensures that each muscle gets the attention it deserves, resulting in a well-built physique that is truly exceptional.
Martin Fitzwater’s workout routine combines both hypertrophy training and strength training. The former builds and maintains his massive size whereas the latter gives his muscles a dense and grained appearance.
Martin performs his resistance training exercises using a variety of training equipment. For some exercises, he uses the good old school dumbbells and barbells, whereas to execute other exercises he relies on machines.
He also performs certain exercises using cables to ensure that his muscles get continuous stress throughout the range of motion.
Martin Fitzwater’s workout split often keeps on changing. But usually, Martin follows a ‘bro-split’ and trains each muscle group just once a week.
At times, Martin even likes to hit 2 muscle groups in a single training session. He often pairs his shoulder training with chest or arms.
Let’s take a closer look at the exercises Martin performs to target each of his muscle groups effectively:
- Cable crossovers (pre-exhaustion)- 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Incline dumbbell press- 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Machine incline press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Machine chest press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Incline barbell press- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Cable flyes- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Pushups- 2-3 sets of AMRAP
- Wide grip pull-ups- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Wide grip lat pull downs- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Single-arm straight-arm lat pulldowns- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Chest-supported T-bar rows- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated cable rows- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated machine rows- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Single arm hammer rows- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Neutral grip dumbbell front raises- 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Lateral raises- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Machine shoulder press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable upright rows (narrow grip)- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated plate raises- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Reverse pec dec flys- 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Tricep pushdowns (alternating pronated and supinated grips)- 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable incline curls- 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Close grip Smith machine bench press supersetted with machine dips- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Machine preacher curls super setted with barbell preacher curls- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell curls- 3-4 sets of AMRAP (as a burnout)
- Cable overhead extensions- 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hanging leg/side raises- 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Leg extensions- 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Standing single leg curls- 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Hack squats- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg press- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Loaded belt squats- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hip adductors- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated calf raises- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
As Strong As An Ox
Martin’s exercise routine mainly revolves around a bodybuilding-style training protocol, focusing on building impressive muscle mass. He also possesses immense strength, comparable to that of a powerful ox.
This combination of muscle and strength makes Martin a force to be reckoned with in the fitness world.
Here, we’re excited to share with you some of Martin’s most impressive gym lifts! These are the lifts that showcase his exceptional strength:-
- Deadlift: 675 lbs for 3 reps
- Bench Press: 465 lbs for 8 reps
- Incline Barbell Press: 465 lbs for 7 reps
- Cybex Hack Squat: 8 plates per each side for 10 reps
- Icarian Hack Squat: 11 plates per each side for 12 reps
The information provided above shows that Martin’s workout routine goes beyond just building muscle size. He also prioritizes increasing his overall strength levels.
Martin Fitzwater’s Diet Plan
To keep his well-developed physique intact, Martin chooses to maintain a clean and healthy diet all year round.
By prioritizing clean eating, Martin sets himself up for success in maintaining his impressive physique. This allows his body to never get out of shape. His body fat percentage might increase or decrease a bit, but you will never see him getting obese.
Martin Fitzwater’s diet plan has decent amounts of all the vital nutrients. He relies on a diet plan that has a higher proportion of proteins and carbs and a lesser amount of fats.
Martin’s daily protein intake comes from red meat, egg whites, turkey, and plenty of chicken. He relies on food items like rice, potatoes, and Cream of Rice to fetch his body a decent amount of carbs.
Talking about Martin’s daily fat intake, it comes from poultry and red meat.
Martin tends to have an insane appetite. You might be surprised to know that he eats around 6000 calories a day in his off-season. His overall carb intake for the day comes to around 1000 grams.
Given below is his 6000 calories diet plan:-
- Starting the day with a cup of coffee
- Meal 1: 50 gm whey protein, 160g oats and 32g nut butter
- Meal 2: 300g white rice, 220g chicken
- Meal 3: Chicken shake as pre workout meal
- Meal 4: Pre workout and intra workout at the gym
- Meal 5: 75g whey protein and Bowl o’ Gainz hot cereal as post workout meal
- Meal 6: 200g steak, 300g white rice, and Sushi or any other alternative of your choice
Martin stays pretty cautious about his daily fat intake. He says,
“When I tried adding extra fats like nut butters, I got bloated and it hurt my appetite for my next meal.”
And owing to this reason, he keeps his fat intake to a bare minimum.
When Martin is in the mood to enjoy a few cheat meals he likes to have Rice Krispies Treats before his workout sessions and intra-workout Gatorade.
You might assume how Martin maintains his aesthetic physique after eating so much food throughout the day. Well, the answer to that question lies in his intense workout sessions where he trains his butt off every single time.
Martin Fitzwater’s Chicken Shake
View this post on Instagram
Just blend together these ingredients, and voila! You’ll have a protein-packed shake ready to fuel your body-
- 80 oz. pre cooked chicken
- Put in some cold water
- Add a Citrus flavor like lemonade or orange
Now let’s mix things up and create your very own chicken shake!
Martin Fitzwater’s Supplements
A major share of Martin’s daily nutritional requirements is met by whole food items only. But he also incorporates the usage of certain supplements in his nutrition plan.
- Whey protein
- Pre workout
- Intra workout
Whey protein is a quick digesting protein source. It helps in repairing and growing muscle tissues.
BCAA supplies the muscle tissues with essential amino acids that minimizes muscle damage.
Glutamine serves to be a great supplement for those who train intensely. It assists in promoting muscle recovery.
Creatine is a supplement that is used by most lifters around the world. It helps in enhancing exercise performance by increasing ATP production.
A multivitamin supplement helps in supplying the body with micronutrients. It also assists in making up for nutritional gaps.
That concludes our exploration of Martin “The Martian” Fitzwater’s fitness routine. You might be feeling inspired and eager to give it a try!
However, we suggest making slight modifications based on your own training goals and experience. Keep in mind that Martin is a professional bodybuilder with years of training under his belt, and he knows his body inside out.
Jumping straight into his exact fitness regime might be overwhelming for you. It’s a good idea to seek guidance from an experienced coach who can tailor a fitness plan to suit your specific needs and interests.
Remember, your fitness journey should be personalized and enjoyable, so don’t hesitate to seek professional assistance to help you achieve your goals effectively.