Emmanuel “Manny” Dapidran Pacquiao, popularly known as Manny Pacquiao, is a professional boxing sensation from Philippines. His most famous nickname is “PacMan”.
He has been ruling the boxing world for over four decades. Now, this is no small feat, and the dedication and hard work put in is massive.
The fitness regime of this boxer as well as his diet plan would be well sought after. In order to be this successful, Pacquiao’s nutrition plan needs particular attention. To keep up with the energy levels, he needs to eat every few hours while packing up on calories.
So let us take a glimpse at what goes into the Pacquiao diet for us to gain mass and be strong like this boxing star.
What Will I Learn?
Many Pacquiao’s Diet Plan
Manny Pacquiao’s coach, Justin Fortune, described his metabolic rate as “ridiculous” and “freakish”. His meal plan consists of 7000 calories, which gets burnt off in just one match in the boxing ring.
The fact that he has entered his 40’s, makes it even more spectacular. He continues to follow this massive diet even at this day and age.
His entire life has been disciplined towards a healthy diet chart, and hence, the results have paid off in his successful career.
The Manny Pacquiao’s diet plan includes having six meals throughout the day. Having said that, it does not mean his portions would be small. He makes sure each meal is large enough to suffice during his entire training session.
What to Eat
Manny Pacquiao’s diet includes a lot of his favorite dishes. His meal would consist a lot of protein and some carbohydrates. His diet would be pretty huge as he requires all that energy to flourish in the boxing arena.
He maintains the same diet while his training takes place, and that is what keeps him going.
Pacquiao’s diet plan would include the following foods:
- Beef Tapa: This is a Filipino delicacy prepared with slicing beef or another meat and marinated with spices. It is then grilled or fried.
- Chicken broth made with papaya, ginger, and onions: This is a highly nutritious meal good for strengthening bones and increases energy levels.
- Dried squid: Has a good serving of protein. It also helps in increasing blood cells.
- Kebabs: This provides for the much-needed protein in the diet.
- Tinolang Manok: Another traditional Filipino dish, made with boiled chicken and vegetables in a soupy way. It gives great amounts of protein and Vitamin B3.
- White rice: A healthy source of carbohydrates for good energy level and keeps you full.
- Vegetables: Provides essential vitamins and minerals.
- Protein shake: Good source of additional protein in the diet.
- Warm milk
- Cabbage soup
- Oats: Good source of carbohydrates required for high levels of energy boost.
Pacquiao’s meal plan is well nutritious, however, he incorporates some supplements to provide extra nourishment. It also helps in keeping his energy levels high throughout the day.
Adding supplements into your diet, should be done under the consultation of your doctor before starting any of them.
Some of the supplements that are included in Manny Pacquiao’s diet plan are:
- Protein shake: Pre-workout and post-workout protein intake is essential for preventing the burning of muscle. It, therefore, builds muscle mass and also burns fat.
- Mineral drops: It is essential for providing nutrients as well as keeping the body in a healthy state.
- Multi-vitamins: It aids in adding up the essential vitamins and minerals that would be missing in the diet. It can be taken every day as directed by a physician.
- Bioflavonoids: This helps in eliminating toxins from the body, thus, providing for a healthy body.
Manny Pacquiao’s meal plan allows him to eat huge portions of food daily, which is very essential for any aspiring boxer or bodybuilder. The food intake should be sufficient enough for your energy output.
It may seem tedious to have such a large meal proportioned at various intervals. But seeing the impact and results that you desire is definitely worth it!
Just keep in mind to spread out your meals and incorporate good amounts of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Do not miss out on your water intake to combat dehydration.
So don’t hold back if you want to follow the Pacquiao’s diet plan, because what you sow is definitely what you are going to reap.