Larissa Reis is a well-known fitness model, training expert, and nutritionist. She has earned a name for herself in the fitness industry. Her aesthetic and toned physique is admired by many of her fans.
Larissa’s love for fitness blossomed when she was a kid. Right from her childhood, she used to play various sports which laid the foundation of her physique. You would be surprised to know that apart from having an aesthetic physique, Larissa also holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
In this post, we will be throwing light on Larissa Reis’ workout routine and diet plan. Well, that is exactly what you need to know about if you want to sport a physique like Larissa. So let’s get started.
Larissa Reis’ Workout Principles
Larissa Reis’ workout plan is focused on promoting hypertrophy gains and facilitating fat loss. Owing to this reason, weight training and cardio are the most important parts of her workout program.
Larissa Reis’ follows a typical ‘bro-split’ in which she trains each of her muscle groups once a week except the abdominals. She believes that her workout split enables her to stimulate each muscle group adequately along with providing it with sufficient periods of rest and recuperation.
Larissa Reis’ Workout Routine
Larissa Reis is a hardcore gym freak. She trains 6 days a week and her workout sessions follow a high-volume training protocol.
To target her muscles adequately, Larissa incorporates numerous exercises into her workout routine. She hits each of her muscle groups with around 5-6 different exercises.
Larissa Reis’ exercise routine comprises both compound and isolation lifts. The former assists in giving her physique a decent amount of muscle mass whereas the latter gives her muscles definition and sharpness.
When it comes to weight selection, Larissa prefers to choose a light-medium weight in her training sessions. On most of the exercises, she performs around 12-15 repetitions on each set. However, talking about her ab exercises, she prefers to perform an even higher number of repetitions on them.
Larissa Reis’ workout routine for the week has been listed below. Let’s have a look at it:-
Day 1- Shoulders and abdominals
- Seated dumbbell press- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell front raises- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Low pulley lateral raises- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Reverse pec deck (rear delts)- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Machine shoulder press- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Machine crunches- 3 sets of 20-25 reps
- Hanging leg raises- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Incline leg raises- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Day 2- Biceps and triceps
- Dumbbell curls- 4 sets of 15 reps
- Barbell curls- 4 sets of 15 reps
- Machine curls- 4 sets of 15 reps
- Tricep pushdowns- 4 sets of 15 reps
- Tricep extensions- 4 sets of 15 reps
- Dips- 4 sets of 15 reps
Day 3- Legs and calves
- Leg extensions- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Squats- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Leg press- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated leg press- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated calf raises- 3 sets of 25 reps
- Standing calf raises- 3 sets of 25 reps
Day 4- Back
- Machine chin-ups- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Lat pulldowns- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated Rows- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Single-arm dumbbell rows- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Back extensions- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Machine torso extensions- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Day 5- Chest and abdominals
- Flat bench press- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Incline bench press- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Push-ups- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Cable crossovers- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Machine pec deck flys- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Machine crunches- 3 sets of 20-25 reps
- Hanging leg raises- 3 sets of 20-25 reps
- Incline leg raises- 3 sets of 20-25 reps
Day 6- Hamstrings and glutes
- Walking lunges- 3 sets of 12-15 reps on each leg
- Wide stance squats- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Stiff-leg deadlifts- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Lying leg curls- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated leg curls- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Machine hip extension for glutes- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Abductor- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Day 7- Rest
The sport of bodybuilding is not just confined to having big muscles. One also has to keep one’s body fat levels to single digits. And to serve that purpose cardiovascular exercises are performed.
Before getting started with each of her weight-training sessions, Larissa performs some sort of cardiovascular exercises like jogging or running, etc. Her cardio workout routine includes other exercises as well such as running on the treadmill, elliptical trainer, Stairmaster, boxing, etc.
To add an element of variation to her exercise routine, at times Larissa loves to perform hot yoga. It enables her to burn off excess fat from her frame and also facilitates detoxification of her body.
For Larissa, resting the body is as important as training it. Hence, she includes a weekly rest day in her training routine which allows her body to recover from her intense workout sessions.
Larissa Reis’ Diet Plan
Larissa Reis’ ripped and toned physique exudes perfection in all senses. Apart from her intense training sessions, her diet plan also contributes significantly to it.
Larissa has always been pretty disciplined about her eating habits and only includes healthy and nutritious food items in her diet chart. Larissa Reis’ diet plan is focused on promoting muscle recovery and fat loss.
Larissa ensures to keep the proportion of her macros on point. She relies on a high protein-moderate carbs-low fat diet plan.
She includes complex carbs like green beans, asparagus, and broccoli; lean proteins like lean turkey, tilapia, and chicken breast and; healthy fats like walnuts, fish oil, and almonds in her diet plan.
Larissa trains like a fanatic and to recover well from her workouts she has to feed her body with an adequate number of meals. Usually, Larissa eats around 5-6 small meals in a day at regular intervals.
Larissa Reis’ meal plan for the day has been listed below. Let’s have a look at it:-
- Egg whites
- 1½ cup oatmeal
- ¼ grapefruit
- 4-6 oz turkey breast
- 4-6 oz bison
- ½ sweet potato
- Roasted almonds (½ cup dry roasted) and protein powder smoothie
- 4-6 oz chicken breast
- 4-6 oz tilapia
- Green beans
Larissa stays away from eating sugary and salty foods to keep herself in great shape all the time. She also restricts her carb consumption in the evening hours.
To make each of her nutritious meals tasty, Larissa seasons them with nu-salt, oregano, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and other natural spices.
She drinks at least a gallon of water every day to keep herself hydrated. Tea and coffee are her favorite beverages.
As far as desserts are concerned, she prefers having a diet Jell-O.
Larissa Reis’ Supplements
To ensure that her nutrition plan has adequate amounts of all the essential nutrients, Larissa includes some supplements in it. Larissa Reis’ most preferred supplements are as follows:-
- Whey protein powder
The above-mentioned supplements keep Larissa’s body in an anabolic state. They help in boosting strength and muscle gains along with promoting muscle recovery.
Larissa has always been passionate about her fitness goals. Her drive not only led her to have an amazing physique but also enabled her to become a prominent name in the fitness industry.
And if you too want to have an aesthetic physique like Larissa, you must be ready to put in the efforts that are needed to attain it.
Consider the info mentioned in this post as a reference point to structure your training program and nutrition plan. The result that you will derive afterward will surely be astonishing.