Jon Bernthal is one of the widely appreciated actors since he followed ‘ Method Acting ‘ techniques. He appeared in many blockbusters that displayed his acting talent. Real stardom did come knocking on his door when he played the ‘Punisher‘ a Netflix production.
He quit College mid-way despite being born in a family in which all were educated. His school life was not one called normal. He was a trouble-maker of the first order and even used to brandish weapons in street brawls.
Jon cleared out all these stumbling blocks in his trip to Moscow arranged by his mentor taught him a lot not only in acting but in fitness too. After establishing himself in movies, the prodigal son returned wiser to America and proved that he was a ‘man of many ‘by inventing the Punisher Diet plan.
His projects in the past, whether it was TV, stage plays, or movies, never showcased his physique. The role in Punisher required a ripped physique with specific martial art skills such as Jiu-Jitsu, boxing, etc. The Method Actor devised the perfect Punisher Diet, followed by millions today.
What Will I Learn?
Jon Bernthal’s Diet Plan
Jon devised his diet chart to usher in good health, fitness, and muscle building along with stamina. Here is Jon Bernthal’s Meal Plan.
Jon Bernthal’s Meal Plan
Meal 5 (alternative)
Jon’s objective was to include as many healthy foods as possible in a day. He said, ‘ I am very particular of what goes in. Not many actors break their meal plan into six times a day.
Jon did so, as he indulged in boxing or martial arts in the noon, which required extra inputs. You can appreciate his meticulousness with the fifth alternate meal plan.
What Jon Bernthal Eats
Jon Bernthal had sported an average physique during his years of teenage. Although he craved an occasional pizza, he indulged in various activities to keep himself fit. He was against the doctrine of ‘ escapism through food ‘ and preferred eating the right food.
He divided his meal plan into six, with one alternative for the fifth. The flexibility to participate in martial arts becomes difficult for active celebrities, and Jon overcame that by tweaking his diet plan accordingly.
Jon’s diet chart consisted of the following, which are
- Meat but lean
- Egg Whites
- Whole Eggs
- Leafy greens
- Fresh Vegetables
- Water (at regular intervals)
Jon succeeded in ushering all the macronutrients into his diet. His six meals a day amount to 3000 calories. High Protein receives more importance than medium Fat or Low- medium carbs. Thus his diet plan encompasses the following food categories, which are
- Winged birds and seafood
- Leafy Greens such as Kale
- Fresh Vegetables
- Meat with low fat in it
What Foods Jon Bernthal Avoids
Jon was a perfect advocate of ‘ no cushy meals,’ and large meals were not good for him to eat. His craving for pizzas remained a craving only. Here are the other foods which would never figure in his diet plan.
- Refined Sugar
- Junk food
- Refined Carbs
- Processed foods
- Any food with artificial ingredients
- Anything ‘ fun.’
- Chemical Additives
- Fried foods
- Dairy products
- Large meals
Jon Bernthal Supplements
Jon Bernthal relied some supplements to give him that “different look’. Here are the Supplements he takes:
- Whey Protein: An expert like Jon knew that his protein intake through Chicken breasts and eggs was not enough. Hence, the reason he chose to consume Whey protein is to bridge the gap. Whey Protein does have the essential amino’s that can boost muscle growth
- Fat Burners: Jon was a perfect actor, and the perfectionism depended upon the fat not surfacing at all. His training videos would point out this fact, and to achieve this, he consumed Fat burners. They come in handy when one attempts to achieve a bulky physique, and the fat content gets consumed more.
- Creatine:Creatine is produced naturally in our body, and the quantity depends directly on the protein foods consumed. Jon prefers it in its powder form as the internal production is lesser. Creatine boosts power & energy.
- Omega-3S: Jon prefers Omega-3S to prevent inflammations and keep him healthy.
- Glutamine: An essential amino acid that Glutamine is, it contributes to building protein blocks. Jon bridges the quantity of Glutamine produced naturally with the supplement intake.
- Collagen: Even though abundantly produced in the body, an extra dosage of Collagen eradicates pain in joint areas and strengthens the cartilage area.
- Multivitamin: Jon’s food intake does not give him all the vitamins required. He does require the supplement to bridge his nutritional plan.
- Pre-workout: Jon requires pre-workout, too, as it helps prevent muscle damage and accelerate recovery.
If one looks back at Jon’s career, he can only raise their eyebrows. From a college drop-out to a method actor; He figured in Plays and ultimately finished his graduation. The Punisher created millions of aspiring fit people, and Jon was an overnight sensation on Instagram!