Standing Side Bend is a standing pose that stretches the spine and obliques and gives you a better posture. Standing side bend helps you to trim waist, tightens your abs and gives you a overall good posture. As you bend to one side, make sure to squeeze your both legs completely, also your glutes and abdominals. This will give you a better base of support and help you bend and stretch even further. This exercise targets both internal and external obliques.
Standing side bend also focuses on your breathing pattern, inhale as you bend to one side, pause for a second and exhale as you return to the initial position.
What Will I Learn?
HOW TO DO STANDING SIDE BEND
- Stand up with your legs little wider than your hips, touch your right hand to the side of your head. Guide your head to the left until you feel a stretch along the right waist and shoulder. Pause for a second and slowly return back to the starting position.
- Switch side to complete one repetition.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions and do 3 sets
Benefits of Standing Side Bends
1. Standing side bend increases flexibility of spine and rib cage.
2. This exercise promotes a better posture.
3. Lose love handles: Standing side bend simultaneously slim and trim both you internal and external obliques.
4.It also improves core body strength
- 14 Ways to Make Exercise More Fun
- Home Remedies For Hangnails
- Quick Ways To Improve Your Current Workout Routine
- How to Do Knee Hugs – Crunches
- Fitness Guidelines
If you have any doubt about this exercise feel free to comment below, we are here to help you.