Halle Berry is inherently a ‘Superwoman’. After all, how many actresses can you name who have ripped abs at the age of 54?
Berry was diagnosed with type two diabetes at the age of 22, and she was introduced to the ketogenic diet in 2015. She admits that now eating keto is like her second nature.
She had to undergo vigorous physical training for her role in Bruised, where she had to play the role of a Mixed Martial Arts Fighter, and she completely nailed it.
Her Instagram feed was on fire after she posted her gorgeous 6-pack abs. It’s simply mind-blowing how she has maintained her shape and health even at the age of 54. Want to know how she did it?
Well, it’s Halle Berry’s Diet, routined workouts, and of course, her dedication and willpower. Today we will have a look at what Halle Berry eats in a day.
What Will I Learn?
Halle Berry Diet Plan
Halle Berry’s keto diet not only helps her manage diabetes but also provides tons of energy and helps to maintain her shape- said Halle herself.
She cut out sugar years ago, and her diet majorly includes healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, butter, etc.
The diet plan is based on high-fat, moderate protein, and very low carbs.
She usually eats two meals a day and skips breakfast. Her first meal is after her workout sessions which is a combined breakfast and lunch.
Here is a representation of her typical day-to-day keto diet chart:
Halle Berry Diet Plan
Bulletproof coffee with unsalted butter, MCT oil, collagen powder, and cream. Or green juice
Electrolyte drink or keto-friendly bar
Vegetable soup with protein and cheese on top. Or, green salad with proteins like whole eggs, chicken, fish, shrimp, lamb. Vegetables like tomatoes, radish, olives, capsicum, avocado, some olive oil, and healthy fats.
Celery, cucumber slices, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries. Sometimes seeds like pecans, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, etc.
Grilled vegetable and plant-based protein like chickpeas, or smashed sweet potato, cauliflower. Bone broth before bedtime.
Low-sugar authentic red wine
Like any healthy diet plan, Berry constantly keeps hydrating herself. She chugs around 235 to 350 ml of water every day.
She starts her day by drinking a big glass of cool water and adding a squeeze of lemon. Halle also drinks wine very frequently as it’s good for heart health. But not any wine. It has to be sulfate-free and low-sugar.
What to Eat
The actor has type two diabetes, and to get off of insulin; she has switched to a ketogenic eating plan years back. Her diet chart is very well-thought and includes healthy fats instead of carbs which fuels her throughout the day.
She does heavy workouts, and her diet is planned in a way that it can provide her with the adequate energy required to maintain her hectic schedule.
A Keto diet is not for everyone, but if your physician recommends it to you, you should start thinking of ditching all the sugary items.
Below listed are the food items that included in Halle Berry’s meal plan:
- Chicken, turkey
- Tuna, shrimps
- Dark green vegetables: kale, spinach, celery, basil
- Grass-fed protein
- Tomatoes, bell pepper, lettuce, cucumber, radish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coconut butter, coconut oil
What to Avoid
Halle Berry is always on a rigorous meal plan. She is very particular about timing, and she avoids sugar at any cost.
“ I couldn’t tell you the last time I craved sugar”- said Halle.
Halle stays steer away from:
- Processed carbs and sugar
- Baked sweet items: cake, pastries, cookies
- White carbs
- Processed food
- Sweetened beverages
- Canned food
- Artificial ingredients
- Trans fats
- Conventional wine
Halle Berry Supplements
Halle constantly pushes herself through different challenges fitting into different roles. The Oscar-winning actress is one of the few actresses who are into an intermediate keto diet. And to make sure she is not leaving any nutrition gap, she takes her supplements on time.
Below you can have a look at favorite Halle Berry Supplements:
- Purium’s Super Amino 23: Those who follow Halle Berry may know this already that she cannot do without Purium’s Super Amino. It’s the quickest way to fill the essential protein gaps. It alters the way of protein breakdown and directly gets absorbed in the body within 23 minutes.
- Collagen: Collagen capsules are mandatory to Halle Berry’s nutrition plan because it’s fantastic for maintaining youthful skin, nails, and hair. She usually takes it with bone broth before going to bed.
- Protein Powder: Halle leads a very active lifestyle, and she is not a napper. To keep up with all that she’s doing, she needs extraordinary energy levels and depends on vegetable protein powders like chickpea powder.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin D: Halle Berry is very constant with taking her vitamins on time. She usually has vitamin D, and vitamin C. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant source, and vitamin D is essential for women after 50 to maintain good bone, joint, and muscle health.
Halle Berry is very consistent and dedicated to her healthy food habits. She does tons of workouts, yoga and has completely cut off sugar from her diet.
She is on a very strict keto diet for nearly 7 years and has made a habit of time-restricted meal plans and workout sessions. Her diet has helped manage her diabetes, and it provides her with tons of energy.
Halle Berry is one of the few celebrities who follow an intermediate keto diet and has gorgeous 6-packs abs at the age of 54. Anyone, after discussing with an expert nutritionist, can start following the Halle Berry Diet Plan.