What could be better than knowing about the fitness regime of the reigning Mr.Olympia? Yes, we are talking about Hadi Choopan over here.
Hadi Choopan aka The Persian Wolf went on to win the Mr.Olympia title of the year 2022. His perfectly developed physique that exuded strength, muscularity, and aesthetics like never before made him win the most coveted title in the world of bodybuilding.
Apart from that Hadi has also won many other bodybuilding championships. Whenever he steps on the stage he makes sure that he is in the best shape of his life.
So let’s get to know more about his fitness regime by throwing light on Hadi Choopan’s workout routine and diet plan. After all, that’s where all the secrets of his phenomenal physical development lie.
Time to get started.
Hadi Choopan’s Workout Principles
Hadi is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs around 231 lbs. He has a pretty small stature but his dense muscle mass makes him look like a monster.
Hadi Choopan’s workout plan primarily revolves around weight training. He utilizes it to put on muscle size on his frame.
To develop each of his muscle groups perfectly, he hits them with numerous exercises. Some of his favorite exercises are hack squats, machine rows, parallel bar dips, leg extensions, machine presses, and close-grip bench presses.
Hadi Choopan’s Workout Routine
One of the most unique things about Hadi’s physique is that it exudes both size and aesthetics. Unlike the workout routine of most bodybuilders, Hadi Choopan’s workout routine incorporates the elements of both strength training as well as hypertrophy training.
The former helps him to pack on dense muscle mass on his frame whereas the latter assists in giving his body a well-developed and aesthetic appearance.
When Hadi is training for facilitating strength gains, he performs his repetitions in the range of 3-5 reps. He primarily includes compound exercises performed with heavy weights in his strength training regime.
On the contrary, when it comes to training for hypertrophy, his workout routine incorporates both compound and isolation lifts. He also ups the total number of his repetitions and takes them to around 10-12 reps.
In each of his workout sessions, Hadi ensures to train 1-2 muscle groups. So, let’s get to know about the exercises that he performs for each of his muscle groups:-
- Machine press- 3 sets of 10-15 reps (as a warm-up)
- Incline Dumbbell Press – 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Flat Barbell Bench Press – 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Flys – 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dips – 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers – 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Push-Ups (superset, with cable flys) – 4 sets of 12 reps
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Flys (lightweight, finisher) – 5 sets of 10-12 reps (last set is drop set)
- Machine rows- 3 sets of 15-20 reps (as a warm-up)
- V-bar lat pulldowns- 5 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable rows- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Straight arm pulldowns- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell pullovers- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Pull-ups – 4 sets of AMRAP
- Alternative front and side raises- 3 sets of 12-15 reps (as a warm-up)
- Machine shoulder press- 5 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated dumbbell press- 5 sets of 10-12 reps
- Front raises- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lateral raises- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Rear delt flys- 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell shrugs behind the back – 5 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg extensions- 3 sets of 15-20 reps (as a warm-up)
- Smith machine squats- 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Hack squats- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Wide-stance leg press- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lying leg curls- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg extensions- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Walking barbell lunges- 2 sets of 10-12 reps on each leg
- Seated calf raises- 5 sets of 10-12 reps
- Parallel bar dips- 5 sets of AMRAP
- Close-grip bench press- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline skull crushers- 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Tricep pushdowns- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Underhand cable pushdowns- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell curls- 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell curls- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Single-arm preacher curls- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Concentration curls- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Cardio isn’t a part of Hadi Choopan’s training program when he is in the off-season. His off-season workout routine is aimed towards facilitating as much muscle gains as possible.
However, when Hadi preps for a bodybuilding competition he performs cardio to keep his body lean. That’s what brings up the definition of his monstrous body.
He prefers to perform HIIT 2-3 times a week which gives him a great fat-burning workout in relatively lesser time.
Warm Up and Cool Down
Hadi starts each of his workout sessions with a proper warm-up routine. This helps his muscles to get prepped for his intense training regime.
At the end of his training sessions, he performs some stretches to relax his muscles thereby giving them a decent cooldown. This approach keeps his body safe from any kind of training-related injuries.
Joe Weider’s Workout Plan and Diet
Steve Kuclo’s Workout and Diet
Samir Bannout’s Workout and Diet Plan
Shawn Ray’s Workout Routine and Diet
Hadi Choopan’s Diet Plan
Hadi’s monstrous physique isn’t just a result of his intense training sessions. He also pays special attention to how he is feeding his body. And to serve that purpose he sticks to an extremely nutritious diet plan.
Hadi has always ensured to keep the intake of his macros (protein, carbs, and fats) on point. He gets it done primarily by having plenty of nutritious whole-food items.
For instance, he consumes chicken breast to fuel his body with proteins and brown rice to cover his intake of complex carbs. Talking about his fat intake, it comes only from good sources of fats such as avocados.
In order to fuel his monstrous gains, Hadi tends to eat 6-7 meals a day. Let’s find out what all food items are included in Hadi Choopan’s meal plan for the day:-
- Egg whites
- Whole eggs
- Cream of rice
- Protein shake (made with milk/water, 2 scoops of whey protein powder, and 1 banana)
- Baked sweet potatoes
- Chicken breast
- Fried white rice
- White fish with mustard
- Brown rice pasta
- Ground beef
- Marinara sauce
- White rice
- Chicken breast
- Black beans
Apart from eating nutritiously, Hadi also ensures to keep his body adequately hydrated. He sweats profusely during his intense training sessions. And thus it becomes a necessity for him to keep hydrating his body.
He does so by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. He also likes to have energy drinks prior to his training sessions.
Hadi Choopan’s Supplements
Hadi is well aware of the fact that to fuel his monstrous gains, only consuming whole food items won’t be enough. Hence, he prefers to add a few supplements to his nutrition plan to give it an added edge.
Hadi Choopan’s supplements stack includes the following:-
- Whey protein
- Fish oil
The above-mentioned supplements have a major role to play in making Hadi’s nutrition plan as complete as possible. On one hand they up his overall nutritional intake. And on the other hand, they boost his muscle recovery and growth.
All this results in fetching his body both strength and size gains which result in making him a dominant force on the bodybuilding stage.
Lee Labrada’s Workout Routine and Diet
Hunter Labrada’s Workout and Diet Plan
Chris Bumstead Workout Routine
PHUL Workout Routine
So this was all about Hadi Choopan’s workout routine and diet plan. We are sure that you must have learned a lot from it. But still, we would recommend you to not copy it exactly the way in which it has been mentioned.
Make certain modifications to it so that his fitness regime caters to your training goals and experience. You must also consider taking the assistance of an experienced coach who can help you with staying on track with your fitness journey.
Last but not least, set realistic goals and work with consistency to achieve them.