Greg Doucette is a renowned Canadian weightlifter, bodybuilder and social media influencer. His videos on YouTube are a source of motivation for many fitness freaks.
Greg Doucette is 45 years old, but his muscular and ripped physique totally defies his age. His muscular frame has even earned him the alias ‘pound for pound the world’s strongest bodybuilder’.
So how does Greg Doucette sport a physique in his 40s that most of us find impressive but unattainable. Well, the answer to this question lies in Greg Doucette’s diet plan. And the good news is that this post is going to be about the same.
What Will I Learn?
Greg Doucette Diet Plan
Greg Doucette’s diet plan usually consists of eating low-calorie food items. His meal plan consists of eating chicken, veggies, salads, and other nutritious foods. To keep the element of variety in his diet plan, Greg Doucette also eats different kinds of toasts.
When Greg is targeting to get leaner and more defined, he resorts to eating low-calorie foods. His nutrition plan during his cutting phase involves eating nutritious salads and wraps that keep him full throughout the day. They also provide his body with all the macronutrients that it needs to look and perform well.
The following table will give you a sample of Greg Doucette’s diet plan when he is on a cutting phase.
Greg Doucette Meal Plan
6 pieces of French Toast (made using low carb bread, egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ¼ cup of sugar-free maple syrup)
Grilled Chicken Breast
Ketchup (no added sugar)
Protein bread wrap (made using grilled chicken breast, mushroom, flaxseed, tomato, cucumber, salad dressing, sugar-free BBQ sauce)
2 Low Carb Wraps (made using cucumber, tomato, turkey, lettuce, onion, mushroom, and salad dressing)
Casein Protein Shake (with added strawberries, calorie-free chocolate syrup, and ice)
Greg Doucette has always been a proponent of anti-bulking. He claims that it doesn’t make any sense to gain fat to build muscle. He further suggests that until a person reaches his/her full genetic potential to build muscle, he doesn’t need to gain fat to increase his/her muscle mass.
Greg Doucette doesn’t recommend increasing the macros in the bulking phase. However, if it’s pretty challenging for you to gain weight, you can consider including nutritious food items that are rich in fat in your diet plan. Some of them are whole eggs, nuts, and avocados.
What to Eat?
To feed his body well, Greg Doucette makes sure to include a variety of food items in his diet plan. Some of his most favorite food items are:-
- Egg Whites
- Low-carb Bread
- Air-popped Popcorn
- Sugar-free Syrup
- Sugar-free Sauces
- No Sugar Added Ketchup
When Greg Doucette is targeting to pack on size, he includes avocados, nuts, and whole eggs in his nutrition plan.
What to Avoid?
Greg Doucette has always been disciplined about his eating habits. Hence, certain food items have no place in his diet chart. Those food items are:-
- Fast Foods
- Processed Carbs
- Chemical Ingredients
- Refined Sugar
- Empty-Calorie Foods
- Artificial Additives
Greg Doucette Supplements
Greg Doucette likes to incorporate certain supplements in his diet plan to make it more nutritious and wholesome. Greg Doucette supplements stack includes the following:-
- Whey and Casein Protein: Greg Doucette prefers to supplement his diet with both whey and casein protein. Whey protein aids in providing his muscles with a quick release of all the essential amino acids post-workout. Casein protein, on the other hand, keeps his stomach full and delays hunger pangs. It also serves as a great pre-bedtime snack.
- Creatine: Supplementing one’s diet with creatine not only helps in maximizing gym performance but also contributes a lot to greater muscle stimulation and growth.
- Omega-3S: Omega-3 is another important supplement in Doucette’s supplements stack. Omega-3 helps in combating muscle inflammation caused due to intense training. It is also beneficial for the health of the brain and the joints.
- Melatonin: Greg Doucette is an avid proponent of sleeping better. He claims that a good sleeping routine contributes a lot towards greater gains. Melatonin serves as a great supplement for those who struggle with getting good sleep.
- Caffeine: Greg Doucette claims that caffeine can aid you in losing weight. The reason is that it reduces your appetite. It also keeps you energized and refreshed throughout your day.
- Pre-Workout: A good quality Pre-workout supplement allows you to give 100% to your training sessions. Doucette suggests taking it with a stimulant like caffeine. He claims that consuming it that way boosts its overall effect.
- Intra Workout: An Intra workout supplement consists of fast-digesting carbs which helps in restoring glycogen. It serves as a great supplement for those who follow high-intensity training routines, just like Doucette. However, Doucette does not recommend an intra workout supplement to those who are bulking.
- Beta-Alanine: Beta-Alanine is an amino acid that helps in boosting strength, improving performance, and reducing fatigue. Beta-Alanine is one of the most favorite supplements of Greg Doucette. The presence of antioxidants in a beta-alanine supplement also minimizes the damage that is caused from free radicals.
- Joint Support: Greg Doucette takes this supplement to protect his joints from the adverse repercussions that may arise out of weightlifting.
- Greens Superfood: The presence of greens superfood supplement in Greg Doucette’s diet plan feeds his body with all the micronutrients.
- Liver Support: Doucette says that a liver support supplement is suitable for those who consume alcohol. It is not to be consumed by everyone.
If you want to get a physique like Greg Doucette, you would have to be careful about what you put inside your body. Greg Doucette’s diet plan would guide you a lot in terms of making healthier food choices.