For those of you who get pretty much inspired by fat-to-fit transformations, Ethan Suplee’s weight loss journey can motivate the hell out of you. This man weighed around 536 pounds at his heaviest and then went down to weigh around 250 pounds at 11% body fat.
Such a kind of drastic transformation didn’t happen overnight. Ethan Suplee’s consistency towards following a strict diet plan has to be given due credit. In this post, we will be throwing light on Ethan Suplee’s diet plan that transformed him from being the school bully Frankie to a big, jacked, and strong Ethan. Let’s give it a go.
Ethan Suplee Diet Plan
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that Ethan Suplee has always had a love-hate relationship with food. You might be surprised to know that Suplee has lost and gained around 1000 lbs throughout his life.
Ethan Suplee has always been quite disciplined when it comes to sticking to his diet plan. His diet plan consists of meals that feed his body with adequate amounts of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and fibers. At present, his diet plan is targeted towards maintaining his current physique. That means Suplee is neither in a losing phase nor in a gaining phase. At times he also feeds his body with some cheat meals which usually consist of some sweet treats.
A major share of Ethan Suplee’s daily caloric intake comes from protein sources. At present, he follows a high-protein, moderate-carbs, and low-fat diet plan. He claims that if one has to acquire his/her dream physique, only indulging in intense training sessions is not enough. Following a strict nutrition plan is crucial to see the changes that one is pursuing.
Ethan Suplee also ensures to plan out his meals ahead of time which keeps him on track. He consumes 6 meals a day that provides his body with all the nutrients that are required to keep his body in top condition. On his current diet plan, Ethan Suplee says,
“I don’t want to call it a diet. I’m just eating like a normal person.”
What to Eat?
“I eat what I wanted, but in proportions that were appropriate for my body.”
The bottom line of Ethan Suplee’s diet plan is to consume everything in moderation. So even when it comes to consuming carbs, he doesn’t excessively restrict himself from doing so. His diet chart includes various food items. Some of the most staple ones are:-
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Vegetables
Ethan Suplee also likes to keep his body hydrated and detoxified by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
What to Avoid?
To maintain his current lean physique, Ethan Suplee has to keep himself away from eating certain food items. The food items that have been mentioned in the following listicle are an absolute no-no in Ethan Suplee’s diet plan.
- Junk Food
- Fried Food
- Refined Foods
- Artificial Additives
- Fast Foods
- Added Sugar
- Soft Drinks
Ethan Suplee Supplements
Whenever people go through drastic physical transformations like that of Ethan Suplee, usually certain supplements are included in their respective nutrition plans to make sure their overall diet doesn’t lack any macro- or micronutrient. Ethan Suplee’s diet plan is no different in this regard.
Ethan Suplee uses certain supplements that provide him with an adequate amount of nutrients that may be challenging for him to get through whole food items. Ethan Suplee’s supplements stack include the following:-
- Whey Protein: Protein shakes have always been a staple part of Ethan Suplee’s diet plan. He loves to consume a protein shake right after his training session. It provides his muscles with an instant supply of amino acids and helps in their recuperation and growth. Whey protein is a fast-digesting protein and hence it gets assimilated into the bloodstream quickly. Protein shakes also help in avoiding hunger pangs.
- Branched Chain of Amino Acids (BCAAs): Ethan Suplee is very passionate about his workouts and gives his 100% in each of his training sessions. Such intense training sessions lead to greater muscle damage. And to counter the adverse impacts of muscle damage, BCAAs do the needful. They provide the muscles with a continuous supply of amino acids and minimize their breakdown. BCAA supplementation also helps in avoiding muscle wastage and catabolism.
- Creatine: A supplement like creatine helps in boosting your training performance by fetching you with strength gains. It also makes your muscles look bigger and voluminous. By delaying the onset of fatigue, creatine pushes your muscles to perform at their optimum level.
- Multivitamin: A good-quality multivitamin supplement helps in fulfilling the vitamin deficiencies that can be challenging to be met by eating whole food items. It also helps in maintaining muscle strength. The probiotics present in multivitamins keep your gut healthy and promote good digestion. It also helps in boosting your overall immunity.
- Pre-Workouts and Beta-Alanine: Ethan Suplee includes pre-workout and beta-alanine supplements in his supplement stack to boost his training performance. The former provides him with an instant boost of energy to go through his intense training sessions whereas the latter enhances his muscle endurance to perform high-intensity exercises.
- Omega-3s: Omega-3s act as a great supplement when it comes to enhancing the overall protein synthesis. They help in combating inflammation as well as contribute towards improving the health of your bones and joints.
We are sure that Ethan Suplee’s weight loss journey would have surely motivated you.
Ethan Suplee claims that he was able to go through that kind of physical transformation because he wanted to change how he looks and feels. His willpower contributed a lot to his physical transformation.
So if you are also willing to earn your dream physique, now you know exactly who you should get inspired from.