Eminem is one of the most iconic music artists of the current time. Whether it’s his impressive rap battles, polarizing lyrics, or supersonic rap, he is loved, admired, and respected by his fans around the globe.
However, despite eating, sleeping, and breathing rap, Eminem also ensures to keep himself immensely fit and in great shape. And for that purpose, he sticks to a well-structured fitness regime.
So stay with us as we give you a descriptive overview of Eminem’s workout routine and diet plan through this post. Let’s get started.
Eminem’s Workout Principles
No matter how busy and hectic his daily schedule is, Eminem makes it a point to hit the gym 6-days a week. Eminem’s workout plan combines different training styles including weight training, cardio, and boxing.
Eminem had switched to exercising to combat his addiction. Doing so not only served that purpose well but also made him earn his fittest self. Owing to these reasons, Eminem ensures to dedicate at least 1 hour of his day to his training sessions.
Eminem’s Workout Routine
There was a time when Eminem fell into the trap of addiction. But fortunately, he realized very soon that it was adversely impacting his overall health and this made him kickstart his journey into fitness.
Exercising enabled Eminem to fill in the void that was created by addiction. Gradually, he started getting in great shape and his fitness regime also had a profound impact on his mental health.
At present, Eminem sticks to a workout routine that facilitates a holistic approach toward fitness. It further means that Eminem’s workout routine targets to improve his strength levels, cardiovascular endurance, muscle-mind coordination, and other physical and mental aspects as well.
To ensure that his muscle groups get adequately trained, Eminem incorporates different exercises for each of them. He follows a typical bro-split in which he hits each of his muscle groups once a week.
Eminem’s boxing and cardio sessions on the other hand provide him with a full-body workout and also keeps his cardiovascular health in check.
Now let’s have a detailed insight into Eminem’s workout routine for the week:-
A 10-minute walk on the treadmill
- Walking 10+ miles either on the treadmill or outdoors
Tuesday- Back and Biceps
A 10-minute walk on the treadmill
- Chin-ups/pull-ups- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- T-bar rows- 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated cable rows- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell curls- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Hammer curls- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Reverse barrel curls- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Russian twists- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Knee tuck jumps- 4 sets of 10 reps
Wednesday- Lower body
- Goblet squats- 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Romanian deadlift- 5 sets of 8 reps
- Bulgarian split squats- 5 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell reverse lunges- 5 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell side lunges- 5 sets of 8 reps
- Hip thrusters- 5 sets of 8-10 reps
- High ball plank- 5 sets of 60 seconds each
- Jump rope or battle rope- 10 minutes
- Pushups- 20 reps
- Free squats- 20 reps
- Jog in Place- 2 sets of 1 minute
- Squat Jumps- 2 sets of 1 minute
- Shadowboxing- 1 minute
- Jab – Cross – Lead Hook – Rear Uppercut- 3 minutes
- Lead Hook – Rear Hook – Rear Uppercut – Cross – 10 reps of Push Ups – 10 reps of Sit-Ups – 3 minutes
- Jab – Cross – Lead Hook – Rear Hook – Lead Uppercut – Rear Uppercut – Freestyle Combo- 3 minutes
- Jack Knife Push Ups- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Sledgehammer- 4 sets of 10 reps
- Kettlebell swings- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Hanging leg raises- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Russian twists- 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Oblique crunches- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Medicine ball side toss- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Ab rollouts- 4 sets of 10 reps
- Planks- 4 sets of 60 seconds
- Alternating high knees- 3 sets of 20 reps
- Shuffle jump tucks- 3 sets of 15 reps
- Kettlebell swings- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Pencil jumps- 3 sets for 45 seconds each
- Plank get-ups- 3 sets of 10 reps
Consistency is the key
Eminem has always been consistent and regular in following his exercise routine. He claims that being regular keeps his motivation levels elevated, enabling him to gain the most out of his training sessions.
The importance of home workouts
Being a widely known celebrity, Eminem finds it a bit challenging to go to a public gym to workout. This is because there is a huge possibility of him getting mobbed. To counter it, he resorts to home workouts which subject his body to a great training session in the comfort of his home.
Eminem’s Diet Plan
When Eminem started his fitness journey, he had become so obsessed with it that at one point in time he was looking like a hamster due to excessive weight loss. He realized his mistake soon and then followed a fitness regime that was primarily focused on keeping him healthy and fit.
Eminem’s diet plan plays a pivotal role in keeping him in shape along with positively contributing towards maintaining his general health. His diet plan has high amounts of fats, medium-high amounts of protein, and low amounts of fats.
Eminem derives his everyday nutrition from food items like fresh fruits and vegetables, spaghetti, meat, Italian food, and tacos. Coffee happens to be his favorite beverage and he drinks plenty of water throughout the day to keep himself hydrated.
At present, Eminem consumes 3 major meals a day. Let’s have a look at Eminem’s meal plan for the day:-
Meal 1- Breakfast
- Kale smoothie
- Egg whites
- Green juice
Meal 2- Lunch
- Baked sweet potato
- Turkey breast
- Grilled veggies
Meal 3- Dinner
- Steamed veggies
- Fish or steak
Apart from eating healthy and nutritious food items, Eminem also makes it a point to eat mindfully. He claims that mindless eating can be detrimental to one’s overall health and can add pounds of unhealthy weight to one’s body.
Foods to avoid
In order to keep his general fitness levels on point, Eminem stays away from consuming certain food items. For instance, food items that are loaded with refined sugar, artificial ingredients, chemical additives, or are extremely processed or junk has no place in his diet chart.
In order to make his nutrition plan as wholesome as possible, Eminem includes a few supplements into it. Eminem’s supplements stack includes the following:-
The above-mentioned supplements contribute towards making up for nutritional deficiencies, countering inflammation and promoting the proper balance of electrolytes.
Eminem’s workout routine and diet plan are indeed quite comprehensive. Just the way you have followed his music, now you can also follow his fitness regime to get in great shape and be supremely fit.
Eminem has always highlighted the importance of consistency when it comes to training and eating right. And if you too follow suit, you too will get as fit as Eminem quite soon.