The superhuman strength feats of a professional strongman are simply mind-blowing. We all can agree that their training styles contribute a lot towards it. But what about their diet plans? Do they gulp down every food item that comes in their sight to feed their bodies or do they also follow a strict diet plan?
Well, the answer to those questions can be found in the diet plan of one of the most celebrated strong men in the world who has been nicknamed the Beast, Eddie Hall.
Here in this post, we will be throwing light on Eddie Hall’s diet plan. We will take you through his meal plans, his eating choices, his supplements stack, and many more. So without further ado let’s proceed.
What Will I Learn?
Eddie Hall Diet Plan
Eddie Hall eats around 7000 calories every day. If that sounds too much for you, let us tell you that it is his new diet plan. Earlier, he used to eat around 10000 calories a day.
Well, that’s something you can expect from the strongest man who carries monstrously heavy loads with great ease, just like we carry our shopping bags.
“Because of my size and the intensity of my training program, I have to eat a lot. I currently consume about 7000 calories a day, containing a variety of protein, carbs, and vegetables. It’s not only time-consuming to eat so much, it also takes a lot of forward planning, consistency, and effort.”
At present, it takes around eating 7 meals a day for Hall to fuel his body with 7000 calories. The following table will give you a detailed overview of Eddie Hall’s meal plan.
Eddie Hall Meal Plan
Meal 1- Pre-Breakfast (7:30 am)
1 Apple before morning power walk
Meal 2- Breakfast
Steak and scrambled eggs (5 eggs), 1 Glass of Orange Juice
Meal 3- Lunch
2 Large Pieces of Chicken, Rice, Mixed Vegetables, ½ Glass of Orange Juice
Meal 4- Mid-Afternoon
Chocolate Granola or punnet of Strawberries with Manuka Honey
Meal 5- 6 PM Meal
Homemade Chicken Curry, Rice and Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, and Sweetcorn)
Meal 6- Dinner (8:30 pm)
A large portion of air-fried chicken, 2 baked potatoes, Asparagus, Coleslaw, Peppers Cooked in Butter and ½ Bottle of Mayonnaise
Meal 7- Evening Snacks
Yogurt, Nuts, Honey, Fruit
Apart from eating that many food items, Eddie Hall also consumes plenty of fluids. Water, juice, electrolytes, and green tea are some of the most prominent ones. It allows him to keep his body hydrated.
The secret of Eddie Hall’s monstrous physique (that even sports a ripped set of abs) is in his well-structured nutrition plan. The bottom line of Eddie Hall’s diet plan is to consume adequate amounts of calories and proteins every single day.
What to Eat?
By now, you must have got a clear idea that Eddie Hall has always been concerned about feeding his body well. His nutrition plan includes whole food items that are rich in different macronutrients and micronutrients. The following food items are a staple part of Eddie Hall’s diet plan:-
- Full-Fat Milk
- Full-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Peanut Butter
- Cranberry Juice
- Coconut Oil
- Green Tea
What to Avoid?
Eddie Hall has to consume plenty of calories every day to fuel his body to perform its very best. But even then, he stays cautious when it comes to his eating choices. The following food items find no place in his diet chart.
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Fast Foods
- Junk Food
- Chemical Additives
Eddie Hall completely avoids alcohol consumption when he is training for a competition.
Eddie Hall’s Supplements
Eddie Hall eats like a horse, and there are no two ways about it. Even though his diet plan comprises a plethora of food items, it also includes certain supplements to fulfill his overall nutritional requirements. After all, only relying on whole food items to fulfill the nutritional requirements of the Beast could be a bit challenging.
Let’s have a look at some of the most important supplements of Eddie Hall’s supplements stack.
- Whey Protein Powder: We are sure that you wouldn’t be surprised to see whey protein powder in Eddie Hall’s supplements stack. Whey protein powder fuels his muscles with an instant supply of amino acids that promotes recuperation and growth. It serves as a great post-workout supplement. At times when Eddie Hall feels some hunger pangs late at night, he resorts to consuming a protein shake.
- Creatine: Creatine is a supplement that is known for increasing overall training stamina and strength levels. Including creatine in one’s supplements stack can facilitate gaining muscle mass and that too without packing on excess fat. For someone like Eddie Hall, creatine supplementation can aid a lot in enhancing the overall intensity of training, translating into more strength and muscle gains.
- BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acids): Amino acids are the building blocks of muscles. When a person goes through intense training sessions, the muscle tissues tend to get damaged. Excessive damage of muscle tissues may even lead to muscle catabolism. BCAAs fuel the muscles with a continuous stream of amino acids that prevent excessive muscle breakdown. BCAAs also tend to promote muscle recovery and recuperation which further makes them stronger and bigger.
- ZMA: ZMA is the acronym for Zinc Magnesium Aspartate. It is used by most of the strongest athletes around the globe to enhance their overall strength levels. There have been certain researches that claim that zinc and magnesium supplementation also helps in keeping one’s testosterone levels in check.
- Multivitamin: A good quality multivitamin supplement not only aids in fulfilling the lacking vitamin requirements of the body but also aids in maintaining muscle strength. To avail such benefits, Eddie Hall’s supplements stack has a prominent place for multivitamins.
- Glutamine and Taurine: Eddie Hall trains like a beast and owing to his intense training sessions, his muscles go through a lot of wear and tear. Glutamine and taurine supplementation helps in decreasing the muscle soreness caused due to intense training. It also helps in reducing muscle fatigue and keeps your muscles in a state in which they can perform at their optimum levels.
- Maltodextrin: Eddie Hall’s training routine is not only targeted towards strength and muscle gain. He has to take care of his monstrous size as well. Maltodextrin acts as an excellent supplement in such a scenario. It is a complex carbohydrate that aids in rebuilding glycogen levels after your workout. It allows your body to produce greater power and also facilitates the healing of your muscle tissues.
- Green Tea Supplement: A green tea supplement is quite rich in antioxidants. The presence of caffeine in it makes it a great supplement to be used as a pre-workout. Green tea is known for its fat-burning properties. Hence, it contributes towards shedding off excess fat. A green tea supplement also aids in attenuating muscle loss.
- Coconut Oil Supplement: A good quality coconut oil supplement aids in boosting metabolism. It also facilitates preserving lean muscle mass.
We expect that by now, you would have got a clear idea about Eddie Hall’s diet plan. It is not for the faint-hearted and also not for the intermediate or even advanced lifters who enjoy strength training.
Eddie Hall has been a professional strongman for numerous years and has a decent level of training experience. He understands his physical requirements well and feeds his body accordingly. Well, that’s something we all can learn from him and implement in our respective diet plans.