Dwayne Johnson aka ‘The Rock’ is a huge name in the fitness industry and Hollywood. This former successful wrestler is now turning every rock on his path with his thriving entertainment career.
His zeal for wrestling runs in his blood as his father was also a renowned professional wrestler. Be it sending chills in the opponent’s spine in the ring, to power pack performance on the movie platform, he is seriously a rockstar. The Rock Johnson was the highest-paid actor in 2020.
Being an athlete, he keeps a tight watch on his bodybuilding meal plan. Let’s go through what all it takes to fuel this legend.
What Will I Learn?
Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan
Dwayne Johnson carries a ‘go big or go home’ attitude. Be it his diet chart or his fitness regime, he follows it wholeheartedly.
Rock follows a not-so-rigid kind of diet plan. One is a 5 meal plan which he goes through every day and the other is a 7 meal plan, when he is in that mass-building mindset (for a specific movie character).
Following is The Rock’s daily diet Plan which he endures:
Dwayne Johnson’s 5 Meal Diet Plan
10 Oz Steak, 2 Cups Oatmeal, 3 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg, 1 Glass Watermelon Juice
2 Servings Chicken, 2 Bell Peppers, 3 Cup Mushrooms, 3 Cups Broccoli, 1 Protein Shake
8 Oz Salmon, 8 Asparagus Tips, 2 Whole Eggs, 2 Cups Rice Medley, 3 Cups Broccoli
10 Oz Steak, 3 Baked Potatoes, 8 Asparagus Tips, 1 Glass Orange Juice
20 Grams Casein Protein, 10 Egg Whites
‘Protein, protein, and more protein’, Dwayne Johnson’s diet plan is screaming its lungs out. Having steak, fish, eggs, veggies, and whole grains keeps him and his fitness zeal running. His requirement for calorie intake per day is 5165, double what an average guy eats. This is when he is not into intense training programs.
As we mentioned when he is packing up muscle mass for some specific role he’ll be eating like a real monster. Going to the extremes, Rock would increase his meals from 5 to 7 per day.
Mentioned below is Dwayne Johnson’s 7 meals diet plan:
Dwayne Johnson’s 7 Meal Diet Plan
10 Oz Cod, 2 Whole Eggs, 2 Cups Of Oatmeal
8 Oz Cod, 12 Oz Sweet Potato, 1 Cup Veggies
8 Oz Chicken, 2 Cups White Rice, 1 Cup Veggies
8 Oz Cod, 2 Cups Rice, 1 Cup Veggies, 1 Tbsp Fish Oil-122
8 Oz Steak, 12 Oz Baked Potato, Spinach Salad
10 Oz Cod, 2 Cup Rice, Salad
30 Grams Casein Protein, 10 Egg-White Omelet, 1 Cup Veggies (Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms), 1 Tbsp Omega-3 Fish Oil
So in nutshell, it’s about how to include protein in all sorts of ways in his diet. Dwayne Johnson’s meal plan is undoubtedly a clean meal feast and balanced nutrition plan.
The Rock Johnson is a legend in all forms. A successful athlete and now a celebrity, he is ruling every arena.
Dwayne Johnson’s Supplements
Dwayne is very open about his meals but when it comes to disclosing his supplement list he prefers to remain a bit quiet. Being a super athlete all the life he does take nutrition from supplements. Following are some of Dwayne Johnson’s supplements which he mentioned in interviews.
- Glucosamine – Glucosamine sulfate is a chemical in our bodies. Its main function to keep our joints well lubricated. Any athlete goes through a serious amount of pressure on his body while his training session. To soak up that pressure joints need to be relaxed and lubricated. This supplement helps to relieve a person from joint pain.
- Chondroitin – It is used as a pain reliever for arthritis and to cure joint diseases. Chondroitin can prevent cartilage from breaking down and empower its repairing pace.
- Hydro-Whey Protein – This is the most important source for muscle building and repairing in any athlete’s regime. Hydro whey is made up of a process called hydrolysis, which involves breaking down the protein. These smaller parts make it easy for our body to absorb them. It also helps in the recovery of muscle.
- BCAAS – This amino acid helps in reducing muscle fatigue and break down. It also boosts performance during your workouts.
- Glutamine – Again a type of amino acid that acts as fuel for many cells in our body. It also enhances intestinal and immunity conditions in our system.
- Fish Oil – As we know it’s rich in Omega-3 fatty acid, It helps lowering blood pressure and reduces heart disease risks.
- Speed Stack – It’s a caffeine beverage to boost performance before their workouts.
How many eggs does The Rock eat a day?
The Rock’s diet consists of 12 eggs, which includes egg white and whole egg as well.
Does Dwayne Johnson drink raw eggs?
The Rock prefers egg whites and includes them in his daily diet.
Does The Rock eat candy?
In a talk show in 2016, Dwayne had a candy and disclosed that this was after 27 years he ate one. So a treat like candy is a big no-no for The Rock Johnson on his regular days.
What fish does The Rock eat?
Dwayne prefers Cod in the fish category. This is rich in protein. Sometimes he consumes Salmon as well.
Does The Rock eat pizza?
Dwayne Johnson has a love for pizza, and he gobbles on it whenever he is on his cheat days.
Does The Rock eat sugar?
As we know rock stays away from sugar while he is on his clean diet. He relishes sugary treats when he is enjoying his cheat meals.
Dwayne Johnson’s diet is not for weak gut lads. You need to have a decent budget as well to spend on it. But when it comes to being like “The Rock”, we have to go that extra mile. Do you remember “can you smell, what The Rock is cooking!!!”? Now we certainly know what this superstar cooks and eats.