“Each workout is like a brick in a building, and every time you go in there and do a half-assed workout, you’re not laying a brick down. Somebody else is.” This is a quote from the famous name from the bodybuilding world of all times Dorian Yates.
Dorian Andrew Mientjez Yates aka ‘The Shadow’ is a name that needs no introduction. Born on 19 April 1962, this English bodybuilder, won the Mr. Olympia title six consecutive times from 1992 to 1997. Certainly, a glorious feat to achieve. He is amongst the league of legends.
What Will I Learn?
Dorian Yates Meal Plan
Dorian Yates’s diet majorly consists of proteins and he emphasizes eating 90 min before work out. Carbohydrates are there but in limited portions. He states that the basic rule of thumb is to intake protein every 2 hours a day and to include pre-workout meal is a must.
Dorian Yates bodybuilding meal plan is more of a balanced nutrition plan, that a mass builder requires.
Following is Dorian Yates Meal Table:
Dorian Yates Meal Plan
Meal 1: Breakfast (7 – 8 AM)
Porridge made up of one cup of oatmeal (complex carbs), 10 egg whites for protein, one scoop of protein powder, properly blended and cooked
Meal 2 (9 – 10 AM)
Meal Replacement Drink
Meal 3 (12 PM)
After training Carb drink (75% carb + 25% quick digest protein)
Meal 4: Lunch (1 PM)
Two chicken breasts, potatoes or rice, and one green vegetable
Meal 5 (3:30 PM)
A protein shake or meal replacement drink
Meal 6: Dinner (5:30 PM)
12 oz of filet mignon, rice, or potatoes, and a green vegetable
Meal 7 (8 – 9 PM)
½ cup of oatmeal porridge, six egg whites, and ½ scoop of protein powder
So now we know what Dorian Yates mass diet is all about. The above-given diet chart reflects how focused he is regarding his eating habits. He also shares that one shouldn’t carb-load before workouts. It can lower blood sugar and affect performance. He also lay focus on what all to include while preparing a meal plan.
Egg whites, oatmeal, chicken breasts, rice, potatoes, whey protein, fast carb drink, red meat, and water are all that he gives a big thumbs up. Although a diet plan plays a vital role in bodybuilding but one has to burn sweat and blood to pump and grow those muscles.
Dorian Yates Supplements
For carving an extraordinary physique out of you, you need to intake an ample amount of proteins and nutrients. Relying on your meals couldn’t serve the purpose in the whole.
They have to look for the best alternatives to support their need. Supplements make their entrance into the scene here. They are the most practical and user-friendly add-on for these athletes.
Here are a few of Dorian Yates’s favorites.
- Whey Protein – Dorian consumes proteins many times a day, every 2 hours to be specific. One of the best sources for it is Whey Protein, as it helps building and repairing lean muscles, and it’s easy to carry and consume too.
- Pre Workout- Next on the list is Pre Workout. He suggests this to improve focus, vitality, and performance.
- Fat Burner-He includes Fat Burner in his tally of supplements. Its main focus is on impeding your hunger and burning fat, saving your hard-earned lean mass at the same time.
- Mass Gainer- It is a boon for lanky lads. It helps in gaining serious mass in a lesser amount of time. Yates recommends including quality protein and carbohydrates with the lowest portion of fat would give superb results.
- Branch Chained Amino Acids (BCAAS)- BCAAS has been a top-notch favorite for athletes for ages. It enhances muscle gain and timely recovery.
- Glutamine- Dorian also supports enlisting Glutamine in his list. Glutamine helps in synthesizing proteins. With empowering performance, it also nurtures digestion and immunity.
- Creatine- Last but not least, Creatine is a must in his supplement bag. Creatine helps in muscle boost, recovery, and energy rise.
It has been a matter of suspense all these years, what does he eat, how many times he eats, and most importantly when to eat. Dorian Yates diet plan has always been a mystery. He has revealed all of it in a very simple and effective way. Apart from eating all possible nutrients, we can’t take anything away from his sheer hard work and dedication towards his sport. We all know “Rome was not built in a day”, so follow this legend’s footsteps and if one can achieve half of what superman conquered, he should be proud of himself.