Coolcicada PPL workout routine is designed for intermediate bodybuilders who want to gain more muscle and mass.
As the name indicates Coolcicada’s push/pull/legs workout plan consist of 3 workout days.
The main advantage of this PPL workout routine is that it can be tailored to fit different training goals, recovery time, schedules, and histories etc.
By following Coolcicada PPL workout you can train anywhere from 3 to 6 times in a week. Six times in a week is recommended to see the best results.
Fundamentals of Coolcicada PPL Workout Routine
PPL workout plans are very efficient because the exercises you are doing provide maximum overlap within the targeted muscle groups you are working that day.
For example, the chest exercise bench press also works on your deltoids and triceps. Generally a PPL workout plan classifies your muscles into three group.
- Push Group: push workouts mainly target chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Pull group: pull workouts target back, traps, and biceps
- Legs: hamstrings, quads, and calves are worked in leg day.
Coolcicada’s Push/Pull/Legs Routine
Training Level: Intermediate
Training Days: 3-6 Days/week
- 3 day: Push-rest-pull-rest-legs-rest-rest
- 4 day: Push- pull-rest-legs-push- rest- rest
- 5 day: Push- pull- legs-rest- push- pull-rest-legs
- 6 day: Push- pull- legs- push- pull- legs-rest
Routine Duration: 2 months
Warmup: 5 – 10 min warmup before you begin your workout
Rest: 60-90 sec between sets
Cardio(optional): 45 min/week
Cons of Coolcicada’s Push/Pull/Legs Original Routine
Coolcicada original ppl program lacks core deadlift exercise, volume, advanced bodybuilding techniques, fore arm training and core exercises.
Here we updated the program in such a way that volume of the training regimen increased more than 50%.
As a result the program become more intense. We added deadlift and reverse barbell curl in pull day.
4 Ab exercises are added in leg day.
Advanced bodybuilding techniques like 28 method and drop sets are included in the program to make it more intense and efficient.
Coolcicada’s Push/Pull/Legs Workout Routine (Modified Version)
- Barbell Bench Press: 3×12
- Military Press: 3×12
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3×12
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3×12 + 1 drop set
- Triceps Push Down: 3×15 + 1 drop set
- Overhead Cable Triceps Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3×15
- Barbell or Dumbbell Shrugs: 3×12
Pull Workout (Back/Biceps):
- Barbell Rows: 3×12
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns (1.5xshoulder width): 3×12
- Deadlifts: 3×12
- Face-pulls: 3×12
- Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 3×28 Method
- (28 Method: 7 full reps, 7 slow reps, 7 reps at the top half phase of the movement, and then 7 reps at the bottom half of the movement)
- Dumbbell Preacher Curls (focus on negatives): 3×15
- Reverse Barbell Curl: 3×15
- Barbell Squats: 3×12
- Lunges: 3×12
- Leg Extensions: 3×12
- Lying Leg Curls: 3×12
- Calf Raises: 3×15
- Bicycle crunch: 3×10
- Leg Raises: 3×15
- Russian Twists: 3×10
- Weighted Decline Crunches: 3×10
Coolcicada 6 Day PPL Spreadsheet without Deadlifts
Both of these spreadsheets are created by u/AngryJazz. Both follow standard Coolcicada PPL format.
Coolcicada 6 Day PPL Spreadsheet with Deadlifts
Click on the button to download Coolcicada 6 PPL excel sheet with deadlifts
Coolcicada PPL Routine PDF
Click on the button to download PDF file of Coolcicada’s PPL workout routine
Related Workout Routines:
- nSuns Programs with Spreadsheet
- Madcow 5×5 Program with Spreadsheet
- Korte 3×3 Program with Spreadsheet
- German Volume Training Program
- 12 Week Fat Loss Workout Program For Women
- 3 Day Beginner Full Body Workout Routine for Mass
- 4 Day Intermediate Full Body Workout Plan for Mass
- 4 Day Advanced Full Body Workout Routine for Mass
- PHAT Workout Program
Keep in touch and update your progress.