The secret of Chris Heria’s aesthetic physique lies not only in his training protocol. Chris Heria’s diet plan also needs to be given credit for the same. His diet plan is strict to the point that it doesn’t allow him to even take the smell of junk foods.
We are sure that all you Chris Heria fans would have been excited to know what Chris eats to maintain such a shredded physique year-round. Well, this post is going to be about the same.
Let’s have an overview of Chris Heria’s diet plan.
What Will I Learn?
Chris Heria’s Diet Plan
Well, this won’t come to you as a surprise that Chris Heria follows a clean and strict diet plan to sport the physique he is known for. His diet plan is well-structured to provide his body with all the essential nutrients that keep him in tip-top shape throughout the year.
“If you’re not already doing so, being very aware of your macronutrients and having a balanced diet will immediately give you results.”
Chris Heria pays special attention to his diet plans and modifies them as per his fitness-oriented goals. Especially, he keeps on changing his carb intake based on the kind of training that he is supposed to do.
- For instance, if his training is focused on hitting higher repetitions with heavyweights, he would be consuming more carbs. On the contrary, if he is targeting to burn fat, he would be consuming little carbs.
Chris Heria eats 5 meals a day. But what does he eat in each of those meals? The following table will answer that question for you by presenting before you an overview of Chris Heria’s meal plan.
Chris Heria’s Meal Plan
Meal 1- Breakfast
Skips breakfast (for fasting)
But takes biotin, collagen, glutamine, fish oil, and water
Meal 2- Pre-Training
Meal 3- Lunch
9 oz. Chicken Breast
1 cup Quinoa
1 cup Broccoli
Meal 4- Dinner
6 oz. Salmon
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups Sauteed Spinach
1 cup Asparagus
1 cup Peppers
Meal 5- Snack
1 scoop Whey Protein
2 cups nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
What to Eat?
Chris Heria’s diet plan includes plenty of food items. They all can be further segmented into sources of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
Chris Heria has always been so disciplined about his eating habits that even the snacks which he eats are healthy and nutritious. Chris prefers to stay lean year-round and his eating habits contribute a lot in that regard.
Let’s have a look at some of the most preferred food items of Chris Heria’s diet chart:-
- Chicken Breast
- Ground Turkey
- Turkey Bacon
- Chick Peas
- Black Beans
- Greek Yogurt
Chris Heria also consumes plenty of water every day to keep his body hydrated.
What to Avoid?
To sport a lean physique year-round, Heria has to keep himself away from eating certain food items. He never snacks on junk and fried food items. His body has been so used to eating healthy food items that it no longer craves junk food.
The following food items have no place in Chris Heria’s diet chart:-
- Junk Food
- Fried Food
- Empty-Calorie Foods
- Fast Food
- Hydrogenated Oils
- Refined Sugar
- Artificial Additives
Chris Heria’s Supplements
Even though the main chunk of Chris Heria’s nutrition comes from whole food items, he also includes some supplements in his nutrition plan. The following list will give you an idea about Chris Heria’s supplements stack:-
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs): Branched Chain Amino Acids serve as a great choice of supplements when it comes to reducing muscle damage. It also aids in minimizing post-workout soreness and prevents muscle catabolism. For a person like Chris Heria, who goes through intense training sessions daily, BCAAs act as a crucial supplement. Chris Heria likes to start his day by consuming BCAAs which allows his muscles to be in their top condition and perform their very best.
- Glutamine: Glutamine is another supplement that Heria likes to take in the early hours of his day. Supplementing one’s diet with glutamine promotes muscle growth and boosts training performance and overall immunity. Glutamine also contributes towards preventing muscle wastage, burning fat, regulating blood sugar levels, improving digestion, and boosting brain function.
- Collagen: Collagen is the protein that makes up your hair, skin, tendons, and muscles. It is already present in your body in ample amounts but it gradually starts to get diminished in your 20s. By supplementing your diet plan with collagen, you can experience improved joint health, along with preventing bone loss. It also aids in keeping your skin tighter and firm.
- Biotin: Chris Heria has always been concerned about taking care of his overall health. He includes biotin in his supplements stack for that purpose. Biotin is a supplement that builds and repairs muscle tissues along with providing your body with a plethora of benefits. It helps in promoting the effective functioning of your brain, heart, and thyroid. Along with that, it also keeps your metabolism and blood sugar levels in check. A good-quality biotin supplement can also get you stronger hair and nails.
- Fish Oil: Good quality fish oil supplements are loaded with essential omega-3s. Omega-3s contribute towards strengthening the bones and reducing muscle inflammation caused due to strenuous training. Fish oil is also a great supplement for your eyes and heart.
- Whey Protein: The supplements stack of a fitness freak cannot be complete without a good quality whey protein. And Chris Heria is no exception in this regard. Chris Heria often likes to consume his whey protein shake at night. Along with fueling his muscles with all the essential amino acids, a whey protein shake also keeps Heria full and thereby keeps hunger pangs away from him.
We expect you would have been motivated by it to follow a healthier and cleaner diet plan from today onwards. Isn’t it? Well, that can be a great step to begin with, especially if you want to transform your body to the best of its potential.