It hardly matters whether you are a Charlie Hunnam fan or not, the physique that he sported in King Arthur would have surely motivated you to hit the gym right away. But only hitting the gym won’t help you much in attaining that kind of physique. There is more to it. And you probably know what we are talking about.
A well-structured diet plan will serve you a lot in getting you a lean and muscular physique like that of Charlie Hunnam. So wouldn’t that be great if we present you the exact diet plan of Charlie Hunnam. Well, that’s what you are here for. Isn’t it?
So let’s jump straight into Charlie Hunnam’s diet plan that keeps his physique so lean and attractive both on and off-screen.
Charlie Hunnam Diet Plan
“Unfortunately, there is no secret to it. You just have to stop eating all of the things you want to eat and exercise every day ’til you have lost the will to lift’.”
Charlie Hunnam’s diet plan prioritizes consuming protein to a great extent. Consuming adequate amounts of proteins every single day allows Charlie to build and retain his muscles.
When Charlie was prepping up to portray King Arthur, he wanted a physique that is lean and muscular. To attain that physique, he relied on feeding his body with whole food items. Even his current diet plan comprises a fair share of quality proteins, complex carbohydrates (like sweet potatoes and oatmeal) and fresh vegetables.
To maintain his lean and muscular physique, Charlie has to make sure that he keeps his carb intake restricted to a certain extent. Owing to his low-carb diet, his body tends to retain less water. Hence, to stay hydrated during his workouts and throughout the day, Charlie ensures to consume plenty of water.
Charlie Hunnam eats 4-meals a day. The following table will give you a more elaborate overview of Charlie Hunnam’s meal plan.
Charlie Hunnam Meal Plan
Meal 1- Breakfast
Oatmeal, Fruits, Omelet
Meal 2- Snack
Meal 3- Lunch
Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Vegetables
Meal 4- Dinner
Beef, Sweet Potatoes
What to Eat?
Charlie Hunnam’s nutrition plan is made up of a plethora of food items. He primarily relies on consuming whole food items to feed his body with the nutrients it needs for recovery and growth. Some of the most prominent food items of his diet chart are:-
- Lean Meat
- Chicken Breast
- Low-Carb Vegetables
- Sweet Potatoes
- Leafy Greens
- Ice Cream
- Quality Protein
- Whole, Natural Foods
Charlie Hunnam Workout Routine
Logan Paul Diet Plan
Travis Scott Diet Plan
Jaden Smith Diet Plan
What to Avoid?
To portray King Arthur on-screen, Charlie Hunnam needed to gain size but not at the cost of filling his frame with fat deposits. Charlie Hunnam’s physique has a certain degree of leanness and aesthetics. He makes sure not to get it compromised. To serve that purpose, he ensures to keep himself away from eating certain food items. The following food items have no place in Charlie Hunnam’s diet chart:-
- Processed Foods
- Junk Foods
- Soft Drinks
- Refined Foods
- Hydrogenated Fats
- Artificial Ingredients
Charlie Hunnam Supplements
The prime purpose of supplements is to make up for the nutritional requirements that can be a bit challenging to be met by eating whole food items. Supplements can never substitute the consumption of whole food items but their addition can certainly make your diet plan more complete.
For the same reasons, Charlie Hunnam also includes certain supplements into his diet plan. Charlie Hunnam’s supplements stack includes the following:-
- Whey Protein: Whey protein is a fast-digesting protein. Owing to this quality of whey protein, it gets assimilated into the bloodstream quickly providing your muscles with an instant supply of all the essential amino acids. It helps in recuperating the muscles well along with promoting lean muscle gains.
- Pre-Workout: Charlie Hunnam’s fitness regime is pretty intense in nature. To make sure he completes it every single day with great energy, he takes a scoop of a good quality pre-workout supplement before his training sessions. It provides a quick burst of energy and delays fatigue.
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs): Going through intense training sessions has a lot of benefits but at times it may lead to catabolism and muscle wastage. To counter the probable adverse impacts of intense training sessions, a good quality BCAA supplement is used by numerous athletes and fitness freaks. BCAAs minimize muscle damage and fuel them with a consistent supply of amino acids that improves their overall endurance. BCAAs also help in boosting up the metabolism levels.
- L-Carnitine: L-Carnitine is a supplement that aids in promoting fat loss. Owing to its ability to prevent the buildup of lactic acid in muscles, it can help in delaying fatigue. This further translates into better athletic performance and endurance. Taking L-Carnitine supplement helps in reducing muscle soreness, and as a result, one can train for a longer duration.
- Green Tea Extract: A good-quality green tea extract helps in boosting your metabolism and suppresses your appetite. It also helps in boosting training performance and aids in enhancing muscle recovery. The presence of antioxidants in a green tea extract not only reduces cellular damage but also delays fatigue.
Sebastian Stan Diet Plan
Tom Holland Diet Plan
Tom Hiddleston Diet Plan
Taylor Lautner Diet Plan
Charlie Cox Diet Plan
If you also want to get a physique like Charlie Hunnam, you can try out his diet plan and see how it works for you. It would certainly take some time to get a physique like his, but nevertheless, your body will thank you for feeding it with such nutritious and healthy foods.