We saw one of the greatest comebacks in bodybuilding history, when Brandon Hendrickson won his 2nd Mr. Olympia physique title in 2020. He won the title for the first time in 2018, but couldn’t repeat it in 2019. But instead of giving up, he came back stronger last year and showed the world who is the real Boss.
It was not an easy feat to compete against the greatest bodybuilders on earth and to emerge victorious twice.
Brandon Hendrickson’s diet plan had a great role in making him the new legend of bodybuilding. Through his brilliant diet plan, Brandon ensures that his body always stays in shape.
So, if you are into bodybuilding and want to have a similar physique, you have come to the right place. This article is a compilation of Brandon’s overall nutrition plan.
Brandon Hendrickson’s Diet Plan
The reigning Mr. Olymbia physique champion Brandon has made it clear that he goes wherever he needs to go, to achieve his goals.
Brandon acknowledges the crucial role of diet in making him the best in the world. Therefore, he has created a suitable diet plan that includes every kind of nutrients his massive body needs. And no doubt, not only amateurs, but even professional bodybuilders are keen on knowing his diet plan.
Here is the meal plan of Brandon Hendrickson that you have been looking for.
Brandon Hendrickson Meal Plan
meal 1 (9:30 AM)
2 whole eggs, several egg whites, half a cup of oatmeal, Berry fruit honey smoothie with cinnamon, Almond milk, Grapefruit + cinnamon + honey
Meal 2 (12:30 PM)
1 Cup of brown rice, 4 stalks of broccoli, 170 gram of shrimp,
Workout Session (2:00 PM)
Meal 3 (3:30 PM)
50 grams of chicken breast , 50 Grams of a suitable carb food, a cup of green beans
Meal 4 (6:00 PM)
One grilled salmon (seasoned with olive oil and salt pepper), garlic green beans
Meal 5 (8:00 PM)
Shrimp, a cup of jasmine rice, broccoli,
Meal 6 (10:00 PM)
10 egg whites + 2 whole eggs mix, seasoned with turkey sausage, mushroom onion
As evident from the above diet chart, Brandon includes a diverse mix of food items in his meal plan.
Brandon wants his first two meals to be carbohydrate-rich so as to stay energetic during his training sessions. Rest of the day, he eats low-carb meals that are rich in other nutrients.
What to Eat
According to Brandon, healthy eating is the first step towards becoming fit. So, if you ever dream of becoming a bodybuilder, you can draw inspiration from the current best of the game.
Brandon prefers eating more often in a day so as to maintain his muscles and mass. He also ensures that his body receives all crucial nutrients.
If you wish to follow a similar mean plan as Brandon, here are some types of food items you should eat:
- Lean meat; like chicken, fish, lean beef
- Oats for breakfast
- Berry fruits for fiber content, vitamins, etc.
- Citrus fruits
- Rice for carbs
- Nutritious veggies like broccoli and beans
- Olive oil
What to Avoid
While creating a diet plan, it is equally important to know what types of food you should avoid. Being a fitness freak involves making great sacrifices, especially in the diet Part.
So, here are the types of foods you should not eat if you want an incredible physique like Brandon Hendrickson.
- Artificial sugar
- Junk foods
- Processed food items
- Carbonated drinks
- Artificial energy drinks
Brando Hendrickson’s Supplements
To ensure that his body is not missing out on any important nutrients, Brandon includes certain supplements in his nutrition plan.
Here are the major supplements used by Brandon:
- BCAA: Branched Chain Amino Acid prevent muscle wasting- aids in burning calories. It increases the metabolism rate of the body and hence, keeps him free from excess fat.
- Protein shakes: Brandon’s long term muscle goals also demand high protein intake, which may not be obtained sufficiently from his meals alone. Therefore, he takes protein shakes on a regular basis.
- Multivitamins: As we’ve seen above, the diet followed by Brandon is very strict and limited. Therefore, to ensure that his body is receiving enough vitamins, he takes multivitamins. Multivitamins are helpful not only in the building and maintaining of muscles, but they can also make one focussed and energetic.
- Glutamine: Brandon’s workout sessions are hard and rigorous. Hence, proper care is needed to ensure faster muscle recovery. For faster muscle recovery, he consumes glutamine after workouts.
- Creatine: Creatine helps Brandon stay energetic in his training sessions. It also aids in muscle growth and recovery.
- L- carnitine: When it comes to fat burning, L carminite is what Brandon Hendrickson prefers. He uses it especially when he is just a few weeks away from any competitions.
Brandon Hendrickson’s diet may look a bit odd. And maybe, that’s what makes him unique among bodybuilders. By including different types of food items in his diet plan, he ensures that his body receives every kind of nutrients. In addition to consuming a diverse mix of food items, Brandon also takes suitable supplements.
So, if your dream is a fantastic physique like this champion, consider trying out his proven diet plan. Brandon Hendrickson’s diet plan is a perfect combination of nutrients that can aid in fat loss, muscle growth, and cutting.
That being said, keep in mind that proper results will come only when you combine proper workout with your diet plan.