Unlike a gym club, home gyms cannot have too many pieces of equipment due to space constraints. So, if you want to have multiple exercise options in a small space of home or garage gym, it is better to opt for single multi-station gym equipment that allows you to perform many exercises.
Many such versatile basement gym machines are available in the market. But unfortunately, not all of them come with a leg press.
The leg press machine is the most successful exercise equipment in isolating and targeting the quad muscles. It is a vital machine to have if you wish to shape and strengthen the quads effectively and efficiently.
A single-function leg press is not suitable for home gyms. A multi-station home gym with a leg press would be an ideal setup.
In this article, we have gathered all the required information about the top five home gyms with leg press stations. It is a big investment, so make sure you read every point to understand exactly which one is most suitable for your requirement.
Best Multi-Station Home Gyms With Leg Press
The leg press home gyms described below are not just any multi-station gyms. These are designed and constructed to last long and deliver more value to the user than many other machines in the market. Any one of these versatile home gyms with a leg press station can be the only thing that can fulfill all your exercise needs.
MiM USA Hercules 1001 Commercial All in One Smith Machine
This multi-station gym machine is as good as several resistance training machines you would use at a commercial gym. This machine has so many functions fixed into one setup, so, if you get the MiM USA Hercules home gym with leg press, you won’t need another piece of equipment.
The vertical leg press attached to this versatile gym machine allows you to safely perform exercises for quads using up to 600 pounds of weight.
The main exercise section of the machine is the smith machine. The leg press attachment of the machine is designed to be fitted on the smith bar. This vertical leg press can be used while lying on the floor or using the bench.
Other than the smith machine and the leg press this home gym setup has a half rack, dip station, pull-up station, cable pulleys, arm exercisers, and a bench with leg extension and curls attachment. There is a place for standard and Olympic bar and weights storage on the machine.
The package includes all the bars and accessories needed to work on the leg press home gym machine. Lat bar, straight bar, curl bar, ankle strap, V-handle, are some of these additional elements that come along with the machine.
- Hard chrome plated bars and sleeves
- Built-in storage for barbells, weight plates, and attachments
- Heavy commercial-grade frame
- Solid smith machine guide rods
- Adjustable bench with leg curls and leg extension attachment
- Dimensions: 67 x 87 x 91 inches (LxWxH)
- Weight: 680 pounds
- Weight capacity: 800 pounds (including the user)
- Multi-function home gym with leg press attachment having more than a hundred exercise options
- Dual-action leg developer with the bench
- Strong commercial-grade construction
- All the required bars, attachments, and accessories are included in the package
- Very easy to add or remove the leg press attachment on the smith bar
- Standard and Olympic bar, weight plates, and accessories can be stored on the machine itself
- Takes up too much floor space
- Not so easy to assemble
- Need to buy the weight plates separately
The unique jammer arm setup, innovative utilization of smith bar for leg press attachment, and strong commercial-grade construction make MiM USA Hercules 1001 one of the best home gyms with leg press machines.
With the ability to let two users work out simultaneously, the G9S dual-stack multi-station gym is definitely one of the best home gyms with leg press. The machine comes with two weight stacks of 220 pounds each. These stacks can be upgraded up to 260 pounds making the machine more effective.
The seats and back-pads are cushioned with high-density durafoam and are adjustable to accommodate different sizes of users comfortably.
The strong and stable machine is built on the solid base of 2×4-inch 11-gauge steel tubes. This ensures the space saver G9S keeps stable even at high-intensity use.
The fully adjustable pressing station with pivoting handles can be used to perform bench press, incline press, overhead press, and back exercises. This innovative design allows this home gym with a leg press machine to fit so many exercise options in such a small space.
The leg press station has a 2:1 weight ratio that means you will be pressing at 440 pounds with just the 220 pounds stack weights that come with the package.
- Sealed bearing pivot points
- Steel aircraft cables with 2200 pounds tensile strength
- 11 gauge, 2×4 inches steel tubes for the frame
- Revolving lat bar
- Dual weight stacks of 220 pounds each
- Dimensions: 89 x 70 x 84 inches (LxWxH)
- Weight: 661.4 pounds
- Weight capacity: 520 pounds weight stacks (260 each)
- Leg and calf press station with a max capacity of 520 pounds
- Smooth pivoting bearings on press station handles and curl station
- Water bottle and towel holder
- Adjustable range of motion
- Adjustable and comfortable seats and back pads
- Considering the dip station, 3 people can workout simultaneously
- Covered weight stacks for the safety of the users
- No squat station
- Need to buy inner and outer thigh attachment separately
- Needs expert help for installation
The leg developer station with ergonomic pads and SmoothGlide bearings, attractive looks, and efficient utilization of dual weight stacks to allow two persons to work out at a time are some features of Body-Solid G9S that make it better than many other home gyms with leg press.
Body-Solid EXM3000LPS Multi-Station Selectorized Gym
The seven exercise stations of Body-Solid EXM3000LPS compact home gym with leg press eliminates the need for any other equipment to train. This selectorized gym machine provides you 28 exercise options that focus on different parts of the body.
Three pulley stations, adjustable peck station, and multi-press station together with the handles and attachments offer a wide variety of exercises. The dual weight stacks weight 210 pounds each enables two people to work out at a time on different stations.
Tuned for a double weight ratio, the leg and calf press station of the machine gives up to 420 pounds resistance to the move.
The dip station adds versatility as well as a possibility for three people to exercise simultaneously.
- Multi-Station selectorized home gym with leg press
- 7 exercise stations
- Dual 210-pound alloy weight stacks
- Fixed handle multi-press station
- Dual overhead cams with 6 increment settings on pec fly
- Dimensions: 91 x 73 x 83 inches (LxWxH)
- Weight: 947 pounds
- Weight stacks: 420 pounds (210 each)
- 7 exercise stations each offering variety of moves
- Built-in safe to operate weight stack
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Vertical knee raise attachment can be added
- Variable starting positions for pec fly station
- Three pulley stations for different exercises
- Too heavy to assemble by yourself
- Consumes huge floor space
- Need to hold the lat bar when you remove the weight adjustment pin
This multi-station home gym with leg press has DuraFirm pads that are contoured for lumbar support for added comfort. This combined with entirely encompassed weight stacks for enhanced appearance and improved safety makes this machine preferable over the similar options.
Bowflex Revolution Home Gym
The Bowflex Revolution lets you exercise like the astronauts using a compact home gym with a leg press that works on the technology developed for NASA.
The SpiraFlex technology used to provide resistance to your movement in this machine works independent of gravity and offers resistance without the initial jerk.
This compact home gym with leg press looks like a single station from the looks of it. But the indecently moving freedom arms with 10 positions and 170-degree adjustments turn it into a multi-position exerciser.
The sliding rail seat makes it possible to perform leg press and aerobic rows. The resistance of the machine can be upgraded up to 600 pounds.
- SpiraFlex technology for resistance
- Freedom arms with 10 positions and 170-degree adjustments
- Sliding seat rail
- Vertically foldable
- Offers up to 220 pounds of resistance
- Dimensions: 112 x 63 x 73 inches (LxWxH)
- Weight: 157 pounds
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds user weight
- No jerk inertia free resistance
- Resistance can be adjusted from 10 to 220 pounds or upgraded to 660 pounds
- Freedom arm position can be changed quickly and easily
- Folds vertically for saving floor space
- Over a hundred exercise options
- The minimum weight increment is 5 pounds
- Difficult to remove the large weight plates
- The bench has only flat and 45-degree settings
With the resistance capacity of 600 pounds, freedom arms, and the SpiraFlex technology this home gym with leg press attachment is unmatchable.
Among the many interesting and unconventional means to add resistance to your movements, the Bowflex power rods take the cake. Using the flexible power rods the machine can offer up to 210 pounds and can be upgraded to 410 pounds.
Multiple cable pulley positions, lat bar, triple function hand-grip ankle cuffs, and squat bar enable you to perform different custom exercises.
The sliding seat rail allows you to perform leg press and rowing exercises.
- Multiple cable pulley positions
- Sliding seat rail
- Power rod type resistance
- Angled lat bar
- Offers up to 210 pounds of resistance
- Dimensions: 90 x 38 x 83 inches (LxWxH)
- Weight: 98 pounds
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds user weight
- Very easy to adjust attachments for different exercises
- Compact size
- Noiseless operation
- Tens of different exercises for a full-body workout
- Attachments included in the package
- Temperature changes can alter bow tension
- Resistance feels too easy compared to similar free weights
- Sliding rail might get noisy
The Bowflex Blaze is the easiest to set up and use the home gym with a leg press machine. With multiple cable pulley positions and attachments, you can perform different exercises for a full-body workout.
What To Look For When Buying A Home Gym With Leg Press? [Buying Guide]
Multi-station home gyms with leg press machines are a big investment and thus you need to consider all the important factors before buying. The following points will help you make the right decision and buy the machine which is more likely to satisfy all your needs.
- Max resistance and type: The gym machines use guided weight stacks, free weight plates, bow tension, or some other form of resistance. Knowing the type of resistance and its limit will tell you how the resistance will perform and how a high-intensity workout it can offer.
- Comfort and ergonomics: The seats of the bench, grips, backrest, etc. should be keeping you comfortable for allowing you to exercise for a long duration. The machine should be easy to operate, adjust, fold, and store.
- Adjustability: The size of the machine components and their position should be adjustable to accommodate different sizes of users and range of motion.
- Strength and stability: The machine frame and moving components should be made using high-strength material for durability. The base of the machine should be wider for stability while performing high-intensity exercises.
- Weight capacity: Most of the home gym machines have a good user weight capacity. Still, it is a good idea to check the capacity of the machine you are buying.
Having a leg press home gym would help you get started on your fitness journey. A multi-station home gym with a leg press machine allows you to perform various exercises to achieve a full-body workout from the comfort of your home without taking up too much space.
We have brought the top five home gyms with leg press stations for you in this article. These are chosen after a lot of consideration about functionality and durability. You can choose any one of these that suits you and get started.