The laminate floors, hardwood floors, or vinyl floors are so smooth that no matter what type of foot cap your bike has it is going to move while in use. It doesn’t only damage the floor when it does move from its place, but it also damages the exercise bike.
Along with the damage caused to the material things, the lateral movement of the bike while you are working out on it can make you lose your rhythm. It can also make you lose your balance and inflict some injuries due to falling.
The carpet in itself isn’t so reliable to keep in one place, thus they are not capable of keeping your bike stable in its place.
Whether you have a carpet installed on the floor or have a tile floor where you are planning to keep your bike or you have a concrete floor, you should consider getting an exercise bike mat to place your bike.
Having a mat for exercise bike not only protects your floor and bike from scratches, but it also makes your workout safer. The mat protects the moving parts equipment from the dust and lint flying off the floor or the carpet.
The aim of this fitness equipment buying guide is to help you choose the stationary bike mat that suits perfectly to your requirement, performs as it is supposed to, and lasts longer. So, if you are looking for a cycle mat, keep reading.
What Will I Learn?
Best Exercise Bike Mat
We have taken an effort to go through the description of hundreds of cycle mats available in the market, we have also tried a few to come up with this list of top-quality stationary bike mats. You can rest assured that you got a great product if you choose any one of the mats mentioned in this article.
CyclingDeal Exercise Bike Floor Mat
With a texture resembling diamond-shaped knurling at the bottom and the grippy random texture on the top, this exercise bike mat from CyclingDeal sticks to the floor firmly and keeps the bike in its place even when you are performing intense intervals.
The size of this mat for exercise bike is well thought. This 30 inches wide and 60 inches long mat is big enough to accommodate your exercise bike and small enough to fit into your home gym setup.
This 7mm thick floor mat is extra soft to handle the vibrations of the bike effectively. Made out of virgin PVC, this is a durable mat that doesn’t generate any unpleasant smell.
The mat protects your floors or carpets from the scratches it may be subjected to due to the movement of the bike and the cleats on your shoes. It also stops the dust rising out of the floor from reaching into the moving parts of your exercise bike.
The black color of the mat and the big white logo at the corner is intended to suit any color combination your gym might have.
60 x 30 x 0.27 inches (LxWxT)
- Perfect size to place your exercise bike
- Extra soft material
- Made using new PVC
- Suitable for various exercise equipment
- Thick enough to protect the floor
- Textured surface on both sides
- Not suitable for bikes with small foot caps
ProSource Fit Spin Bike Mat
If you are looking for a multi-function large size mat that can be used to place below a stationary bike or an elliptical machine, then look no further than the ProSource spin bike mat.
In its full length, the floor mat is 7 feet long and 3 feet wide. It can easily cover the floor enough to place an elliptical on it. When you wish to use it as an indoor bike mat, you can use it by laying it fully extended or you can lay it partially folded.
The overall length of the mat is seven sections of one foot each. It can be folded in any length in the multiples of 1 foot.
The mat is also available in rolled-up version. Both versions of the mat are made using high-density PVC, and both have grippy texture to keep the machine in place.
The surface of the mat is waterproof. It can tolerate all the sweat dripping on it while you are spinning and can be cleaned using a wet cloth.
84 x 36 x 0.25 inches (LxWxT)
- Made using high-density material
- Can absorb impact effectively
- Absorbs vibrations and noise
- Easy to clean
- Folds into small size for storage
- There is a chance of cracks developing at the folds
Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Stationary Bike Mat
This is another multi-purpose, foldable stationary bike mat. Made using high-impact cell foam material this mat can take all the abuse you and your spin bike throws at it.
This 36 inches wide mat has seven foldable sections of 12 inches each. That makes the overall length of the mat 7 feet and the mat can be folded to 1’x3’ size for storage.
The textured anti-slip pebble surface of this spinning bike mat keeps your bike in place. The surface is water-resistant and can tolerate sweat and water spillage on it.
This heavy-duty mat can support many exercise equipment like a spin bike, treadmill, rowing machine, etc., and can also be used as a yoga mat.
High-impact Cell Foam
84 x 36 x 0.25 inches (LxWxT)
- Can be easily folded into small size
- Can handle heavyweight and high impact
- Covers wide area
- Non-slip surface
- Thick and high-density foam used
- Can be used in folded condition
- Mat doesn’t fit flat on the floor if you are using it for yoga
Sunny Health & Fitness Spinning Bike Mat
The heavy-duty spin bike mat from Sunny Health and Fitness is made with EVA foam material. This high-density material is capable of taking the impact load and can be used for placing heavy exercise equipment or for skipping on it with a rope.
The surface of the mat is waterproof. Whether you are performing free body exercises or placed your stationary bike on it, there is no chance of the mat getting damaged by the sweat dripping on it while you are working out.
The mat may look thinner than many other bike mats but the material used to make it so high-density that the mat still weighs as heavy as the thick mats.
The non-slip texture on the mat keeps the bike in place. It also enhances the look of the mat. The black color of the mat, the random texture, and the engraved logo of Sunny Health and Fitness make this mat suitable for any type of setup and color combination of the room.
High-density EVA Foam
78 x 36 x 0.157 inches (LxWxT)
- High-density, high-impact material used
- Improves your spin session comfort
- Protects the floor and equipment from scratches
- Lasts longer
- Available in three different sizes
- Water-resistant, easy to clean surface
- Feels very thin
Supermats Heavy Duty Indoor Bike Mat
This super tough exercise bike floor mat from Supermats is a lightweight and durable floor protection mat. Made out of super-tough, odor-free, PVC material. Even being the lightest of the lot, this mat can handle all the weight and abuse it might be subjected to.
The surface being water-proof mat can be easily cleaned using a wet cloth. The mat is textured on the surface to provide the necessary grip to keep the bike in place while spinning.
This quarter of an inch thick mat can effectively dampen the vibrations of the spin bike. It also stops the dust from entering the moving parts of the machine.
Vinyl composite – PVC
60 x 30 x 0.25 inches (LxWxT)
- Very light in weight
- Can be rolled up in small size for storage
- Easy to clean with a wet cloth
- Muffles noises effectively
- Protects the floor and the equipment
- Suitable for a variety of gym equipment
- May get stuck to the floor if kept in one place for a long duration
CAP Barbell Premium Spin Bike Mat
This heavy-duty PVC exercise bike floor mat is designed to fit in small home gym spaces. You can safely place your heavy exercise equipment on it.
The surface of the mat from CAP barbell is textured to keep your spin bike truly stationary even while you are performing high-intensity exercises.
Measuring 4 feet in length, the mat is long enough to place your stationary bike. It absorbs the vibrations and dampens the noise excellently to offer you a silent and safe workout.
48 x 36 x 0.24 inches (LxWxT)
- Prevents discoloration of the carpets
- Protects hardwood floor from chips and scratches
- Perfectly sized to place a spin bike
- Can be used for free body exercises
- Can easily cut down the size if needed
- Flexible and soft
- Can’t place big equipment like an elliptical machine on it
BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Cycle Mat
This high-density spin bike mat from BalanceFrom GoFit can reduce the noise of your spin bike by effectively dampening the vibrations.
The mat has a pattern design on both sides to keep the mat in place and keep the spin bike stable.
This is one of the best bike mat that can be cleaned easily using a damp cloth. The surface is waterproof and non-sticky, so it won’t stick or bleed on the concrete floor or the carpet.
60 x 30 x 0.24 inches (LxWxT)
- Comes with warranty
- Won’t bleed on to the carpet
- Easy to clean
- Available in two different sizes
- Different patterns on both sides
- Not so durable
ProsourceFit Exercise Bike Puzzle Mat
If you think the rolled-up bike mats are not thick enough for you and your heavy bike but you also want an option to store it in a small space, then you should opt for one of the puzzle mats.
The ProsourceFit stationary bike puzzle mat is half-inch thick mat. It comes in six puzzle pieces 2’x2’ each. The package also includes 12 border pieces to complete the shape of the mat.
Made using high-quality EVA foam, this puzzle mat can take the weight of the heaviest spin bike. It can provide the necessary cushion, dampen the vibration, and reduce the noise.
High-density EVA foam
72 x 48 x 0.5 inches (LxWxT)
- Thicker than many rolled-up mats
- Precisely cut to fix the puzzle pieces correctly
- Easy to assemble
- Half inch thick with a solid texture
- Adjustable coverage
- Water or sweat may seep through the joints
Impresa Exercise Bike Pad
Any size of exercise equipment that has six feet can be kept on these pads. These are high-quality moisture-resistant rubber pads that have a high weight capacity.
The package includes six rubber pads measuring 4×4 inches each. The pads are half an inch thick. The surface of these pads is textured and non-slip equipped to keep the spin bike at a fixed place.
While the mats can accommodate some exercise equipment, these pads can be kept under any machine, even under the power rack to protect your floor.
4 x 4 x 0.5 inches (LxWxT) (6 pads)
- Can be put under any size of equipment
- Highly durable
- Prevents the floors from damage
- Dampens the vibrations and reduces noise
- Needs very small space to store
- Can’t protect the equipment from dust
- Can’t protect the floor from sweat
BestXD High Density Rubber Exercise Bike Pad
If your stationary bike has only four feet then you can opt for these high-density stationary bike pads. The BestXD exercise bike pads package contains four high-density rubber pads. These four pads together can take up to 11oo pounds of weight.
These 100mm by 100mm size pads are half an inch thick. These can effectively protect the floor from damage.
3.94 x 3.94 x 0.5 inches (LxWxT) (6 pads)
- Doesn’t occupy significant space
- More effective in vibration reduction than thin mats
- Anti-slip material and texture
- Can be placed under any equipment
- High weight capacity
- Offers no protection of floor against sweat
- Not suitable for treadmills or ellipticals with rollers for incline
Exercise Bike Mat Buying Guide
Your exercise bike while helping you lose weight and get stronger may damage your home gym floor. To protect your floor from these damages and also protect the stationary bike from scratches or the dust rising from the floor, you need to place the mat under your bike.
Not all cycle mats are suitable and effective in protecting your bike and the floor. You need to choose the best bike mat carefully. Here are few things you should look for while buying the mat.
- The material used: The material used in making the mat determines its performance, durability, and weight. The mats high-density made out of materials like high-density foam, rubber, PVC are proven to perform well and last long.
- Grip: In order to keep the stationary bike in its place and stop it from moving while you are working out the surface of the mat should be grippy enough.
- Weight: The weight of the mat should be so that it should be easy to handle. If you are going to move the bike and the mat regularly, it becomes important that the mat can be easily moved around.
- Waterproof: While you are working out on your spin bike, you are going to get all sweaty and the sweat would drop on your mat. If your mat isn’t water-resistant it won’t be able to protect your floor.
- Dimensions: The mat should be big enough to cover the size of your stationary bike but it should be able to fit in your home gym space.
What should I put under my spin bike?
To protect your floor and the bike from scratches and add some stability to the equipment you should put a spin bike mat or bike pads under it.
Do I need a mat under my exercise bike?
Yes, you do need a mat under your bike. The stationary bike mat not only protects your bike and floor from scratches but also protects the equipment from the dust and carpet lint from entering the moving parts.
Can I use a yoga mat under my exercise bike?
No. Yoga mats are made to provide a cushion. The material used in yoga mats is not so high-density to support the stationary bike weight.
Can you put a stationary bike on carpet?
No. Putting a stationary bike on the carpet may cause damage to the carpet. Also, the bike might move from its place as the carpets are not so grippy.