Andrea Shaw has become a prominent name in the world of professional bodybuilding. She is an IFBB Pro athlete and competes in the Women’s bodybuilding division.
She has won the Ms. Olympia title two times (in 2020 and 2021) and the Ms. Rising Phoenix title three times (in 2020, 2021, and 2022). And we are sure that you must be willing to know about her fitness regime that has made her win so many reputed titles. Well, that’s what you are here for.
This post will throw light on Andrea Shaw’s workout routine and diet plan. Her muscular and aesthetic physique has been an outcome of them only. So without further ado, let’s get to know about them in detail.
Andrea Shaw’s Workout Principles
Andrea is around 5 feet 5 inches tall. Her body weight lies somewhere between 180-190 lbs. She started her bodybuilding journey when she was just 17 years old.
Andrea Shaw’s workout plan primarily consists of weight training. Owing to this reason, her exercise routine has plenty of exercises that are performed with free weights as well as machines.
A high-volume training protocol has always given her the best returns. She still relies on it to ensure her muscles get adequate stimulation resulting into more growth.
Andrea Shaw’s Workout Routine
View this post on Instagram
To build and maintain her muscular physique, Andrea trains throughout the year. She seldom takes a break from her gym training sessions and that’s what enables her to maintain her beautiful physique year-round.
While most other pro bodybuilders tend to train for enhancing their overall size during the off-season, that’s certainly not the case with Andrea. Instead, she focuses on bringing up her weaker body parts. This in turn makes her body appear more symmetrical and proportionate.
Andrea’s off-season training routine is quite intense. She trains 7 days a week and hits each of her muscle groups twice a week.
She draws the inspiration to train 7 days a week from her training partner Stephen Williams. He is a US Marine and his work profile required him to train every single day.
Talking about her on-season training routine, it’s quite different. It follows a conventional split in which she tends to hit each of her muscle groups just once a week.
This training approach suits her pretty well as it gives her muscle groups ample amounts of rest and recovery.
Now, let’s have a look at Andrea Shaw’s workout routine that she relies on to get stage ready:-
- Barbell squats- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Lunges- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Leg press- 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Stiff-legged deadlifts- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Leg curls- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Good Mornings- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Barbell hip thrusts- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Deadlifts- 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- Wide-grip/narrow grip pull-ups- 2 sets x 6-8 reps
- Bent-over rows- 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Wide-grip lat pulldowns- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- One-arm dumbbell rows- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Bent-over straight-arm pulldowns- 4 sets x 12 reps
- Dumbbell shrugs- 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Seated cable rows- 4 sets x 8-12 reps
Thursday- Chest and Calves
- Barbell bench press- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Decline bench press- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Incline bench press- 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell flys- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Parallel bar dips- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Cable crossovers- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Standing calf raises- 4 sets x 15 reps
- Seated calf raises- 4 sets x 15 reps
Friday- Shoulders and Abs
- Barbell overhead press- 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- Lateral raises- 4 sets x 8-15 reps
- Front raises- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Barbell upright rows- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Face pulls- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell shrugs- 4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Crunches- 4 sets x 20-25 reps
- Hanging knee raises- 4 sets x 20-25 reps
- Preacher curls- 4 sets x 15-20 reps
- Hammer curls- 4 sets x 15-20 reps
- Cable curls- 4 sets x 15-20 reps
- Concentration curls- 6-8 sets x 15-20 reps
- Weighted dips- 4 sets x 12-15 reps
- Skull crushers- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- French press- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- One-arm overhead triceps extensions- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Cable pushdowns- 4 sets x 10-12 reps
Training the Arms
View this post on Instagram
Andrea’s massive and well-sculpted arms are undoubtedly one of the most noticeable muscle groups in her physique. Whenever she flexes her biceps, they acquire a peak and round shape which makes them look aesthetic. Her sweeping triceps on the other hand makes her arms appear huge.
Her favorite exercise for biceps is the concentration curl. It gives her a great peak contraction. For building up her triceps she relies on performing lying tricep extensions.
Andrea Shaw’s Diet Plan
In order to gain the most out of her training program, Andrea also has to ensure that she is feeding her body well. And she does so by relying on a nutritious diet plan.
Andrea Shaw’s diet plan is quite rich in all the vital nutrients that her body requires to promote muscle recuperation. It has plenty of food items that are known for their high nutritional value.
Andrea prefers to have her carbs right before working out. Doing so fetches her body decent amounts of energy that enables her to go through her intense training sessions without feeling enervated.
Instead of eating only 3-4 meals a day, Andrea eats 5-7 meals a day. Each of her meals has a major share of protein in them amounting to around 30-50 grams per meal.
Now, let’s have a look at Andrea Shaw’s meal plan for the day and the food items that she consumes in each of her meals:-
- Triple berry oatmeal breakfast bowl
- Mexican scrambled eggs
- Fruit juice
- Mixed nuts
- Protein pancakes
- Turkey tenderloin
- Grilled veggies
- Tuna salad
- Sweet potatoes
- Grilled chicken breast
- Sautéed broccoli with chile and garlic
By looking at Andrea’s aesthetically developed physique anyone can say that she must be extremely strict about following her diet plan. And that’s quite true as well.
But just like most of us she also likes to satisfy her taste buds occasionally. She does so by having cheat meals once a week. She considers it a way of rewarding herself after sticking to a strict diet plan throughout the week.
Andrea Shaw’s Supplements
In order to keep her nutrition plan as complete as possible, Andrea doesn’t shy away from including a few supplements in it. So let’s find out what all items are there in Andrea Shaw’s supplements stack:-
- Whey protein
- Fish oil
- Fat burners
By consuming the above-mentioned supplements, Andrea is rest assured that her nutrition plan doesn’t lack any vital nutrients. Some of the supplements which she consumes (such as creatine and BCAA), enable her to improve her training performance.
Some of them also boost muscle recovery and burn off excess fat from her frame. All those supplements collectively contribute towards building and maintaining Andrea’s muscular and aesthetic physique.
So that was all about Andrea Shaw’s workout routine and diet plan. But before you try it out as it is we would recommend you make slight modifications to it.
You must take note of the fact that Andrea is a pro-bodybuilder with numerous years of training experience. If you copy her highly-intense fitness regime, it would wear you out in no time.
So consider taking the assistance of an experienced coach who can assist you well in structuring a bodybuilding-oriented fitness regime for you. Also, make sure to follow it with consistency and discipline to earn the kind of physique that you aspire to have.