Staying fit and being in good shape requires a lot of hard work and dedication. For most fitness enthusiasts, hitting the gym regularly may look like the only way to reach their dream physique.
However, that’s not true.
What if we tell you that you can chase your physique goals from the comfort of your home? Yes, you can train all your muscles using no extra equipment but dumbbells.
Be it for the chest, back, shoulders, abs, arms or even legs, there are a number of dumbbell only workouts that give the same result as those fancy gym machines.
Through this article, we will introduce to you a 5 day workout routine that you can follow using dumbbells and basic body weight. We will be also providing a PDF of the 5 day workout plan that you can download, keep in your phone or even better, take a print and paste on your home gym wall!
So, go through them, and start working out from your garage gym towards your dream physique!
5 Day Dumbbell Workout Principles
There are a number of highly effective dumbbell only workouts that can make up your workout plan. You got multiple dumbbell exercises for all your key muscle groups viz. Chest, back, shoulders, abs, legs, and arms.
You can also combine some body weight exercises like pushups and pull ups to further expand your training program. Combine all these exercises, do the right ones with the proper form, and you can also chase your fitness goals from your home gym.
5 Day Dumbbell Workout Schedule
Basically, it is all up to you to decide which workout split to follow. But here we recommend you go for the conventional bro split, in which you will be mainly training individual muscle groups on separate days.
Given below is a 5 day dumbbell workout schedule that anyone can do using dumbbells.
- Day 1- Chest
- Day 2- Back & Abs
- Day 3- Arms
- Day 4- Legs
- Day 5- Shoulders & Abs
- Day 6- Rest
- Day 7- Rest
5 Day Dumbbell Workout Routine
In your dumbbell only workout plan for 5 days, you can dedicate one day for all key muscle groups (chest, back, shoulder, legs and arms), also training Abs on one or two days a week.
You can start off your dumbbell routine with Chest Day followed by back. After that, you can train your arms, legs, and shoulders.
Given below is a list of exercises you can do on each day of the week.
- Push Ups: 3 sets x 10-20 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Standing Upward Chest Fly: 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Dumbbell Chest Fly: 3 sets x 15 reps
Back & Abs
- Pull-ups: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Dumbbell Deadlift: 4 sets x 6-8 reps (Heavyweight)
- Kroc Row: 3 sets x 10 reps (Heavyweight)
- Incline Dumbbell Lying Row: 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Dumbbell Pullover: 3 sets x 10 reps
- One Hand Dumbbell Row: 2 sets x 10 reps & 1 AMRAP
- Ab Crunch: 3 sets x 15 reps
- Russian Twist: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Lying Leg Raise: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Chin-ups: 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Dumbbell Bicep Curl: 2 sets x 10 reps & 1 AMRAP
- Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 2 sets x 10 reps & 1 AMRAP
- Incline Bench Preacher Curl: 3 sets x 10-15 reps (Heavy Negatives)
- Seated Incline Dumbbell Bicep Curl: 3 sets x 15 reps (Lightweight)
- Single Arm Tricep Extensions: 2 sets x 10 reps & 1 AMRAP
- Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extension: 2 sets x 10 reps & 1 AMRAP
- Dumbbell Skull Crushers: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Dumbbell Tricep Kickback: 3 AMRAP
- Goblet Squat: 3 sets x 10 reps (Heavyweight)
- Dumbbell Sumo Squat: 3 sets x 10 reps (Heavyweight)
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets x 15 reps
- Dumbbell Step-Ups: 3 sets x 15 reps
- Dumbbell Hip Thrust: 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Dumbbell Calf Raises: 3 sets x 15 reps (Lightweight)
Shoulders & Abs
- Arnold Press: 3 sets x 10 reps (Heavyweight)
- Dumbbell Front Raises: 3 sets x 10 reps (Lightweight)
- Leaning Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 2 sets x 10 reps & 1 AMRAP (Lightweight)
- Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets x 10 reps (Lightweight)
- Dumbbell shrugs: 3 sets x 15 reps (Heavyweight)
- Lying Leg Raise with Hip Thrust: 3 sets x 10 reps
- V-Ups: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Leg Lower: 3 sets x 10 reps
On two of these days, you can take rest, because taking enough rest is crucial for the recovery of muscles, and to make you ready for the next week’s workouts.
You can also consider adding some cardio to your workout routine. You can pick among several cardio options like outdoor running, swimming or indoor options like High Intensity Interval Training.
5 Day Dumbbell Workout Plan PDF
Now that we have discussed with you an entire workout program that you can do without any extra equipment other than dumbbells, you may be wishing for a printable pdf of the entire exercise routine.
Here is the printable 5 day dumbbell workout plan that you can download, keep in your phone or print, and access any time!
Click on the below button to download the PDF.
That was a proven 5 day dumbbell workout plan that you can do from the comfort of your home. Do them with the perfect form for the best results.
Keep in mind, it doesn’t matter whether you hit a public gym or workout at home instead. What matters is, whether you are ready to keep yourself dedicated throughout your fitness journey!