The Knee Hug is a form of crunch. It is an effective exercise for developing the abs. In this exercise you are using your body weight as a resistance to hug your knees toward your chest, and squeezing your abs. Knee Hug is executed by performing a v sit up and hugging your knees at the top. The Knee Hugs helps you to develop strong abs as well as core strength. You can perform this exercise anywhere you want, all you need a single mat.
· Improves stability in basic flexing movement pattern
· Strengthen the interior Ab muscles
· Improves the core strength
· Improves core health
Lower Abs, Upper Abs, Obliques, Hip Flexors and Quads
How to do Knee Hugs:
- First lye down on your back with your legs straight and your arms outstretched behind your head on a mat
- Bent the knees and toes off the mat. Simultaneously exhale, as you contract your midsection and bring your chest to your thighs. Round your spine and roll back a little.
- Hug your knees, focus on pulling yourself together. Only your butt should remain on the floor.
- Then, inhale, as you return to the floor under control. Torso and legs should return simultaneously but don’t let your heels touch the floor.
- This is one repetition, complete 8-15 repetitions