Crunches can be bad for your body. Too much training will disrupt the natural curve in your spine. Also crunches only focus on the surface muscles instead of the deep core muscles. Many times intense training brings with it side effects like back and neck pain. This is where yoga comes into play. This Yoga Workout Routine is specifically designed to flatten and tone your tummy. Trying these yoga poses not only help you flatten stomach, but also it helps you to improve your flexibility and relieve stress.
You will want to hold on to these poses for a count of 30 – 60 seconds, this will help strengthen and flatten the ab muscles. Gradually increase the time.
Related: 10 Killer Bikini Abs No Gym Home Workout Plan
10 Yoga Poses to Get Rid of Belly Fat- Yoga Poses for a
- #1 Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana
- #2 Bow Pose or Dhanurasana
- #3 Dolphin Yoga Plank Pose or Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana
- #4 Side Plank Pose or Vasisthasana
- #5 One Legged Side Plank Pose
- #6 Four Limbed Staff Pose or Chaturanga Dandasana or Low Plank
- #7 Intense East Pose Purvottanasana or Upward Plank Pose
- #8 Half Boat Pose or Ardha Navasana
- #9 Boat Pose or Navasana
- #10 Warrior 3 Pose or Virabhadrasana 3
The Best 10 Yoga Poses For a Flat Stomach With Pictures
1. How to do Cobra Yoga Pose or Bhujangasana or Nagasana
Bhujangasana is also known as Nagasana.
1. Lie down on the yoga mat with the head turned to one side, legs slightly spaced out and the arms alongside the body
2. Turn your head and place the chin on the floor. Place hands just below the chin with palms facing the floor.
3. While breathing in, press down and pull elbows close to your body. Push the spine downwards and straightening the arms. Keep your hips on the floor. You will feel your chest start to open.
4. Hold this posture for the duration of the inhaled breath.
5. With an exhale slowly come back to the starting position.
2. How to do Bow Pose or Dhanurasana or Dhanurasana or Urdva Chakrasana in Yoga
Dhanurasana is also known as Urdva Chakrasana
1 Lie on your belly, keep your arms by the side of your body with palm up
2. While breathing in, slowly fold your knees by pulling the ankles up. Lift your chest from the ground look forward with a smile on your face. Hold the breath. Weight of your body should be resting on your stomach.
3. While breathing out slowly come back to the initial position.
3. How to do Dolphin Plank Pose or Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana in Yoga
1. Lie down on the yoga mat in Adho Mukha Svanasana
2. Keep your forearm firmly on the ground with palm facing the floor.
3. With an inhale slowly raise your hips and tighten your core. Hold the breath and look down to the floor
4. As you exhale come back to the starting position.
4. How to do Side Plank Pose or Vasisthasana in Yoga
1. Lie down on in Adho Mukha Svanasana
2. Start in regular Plank Pose, keep your abs tight, roll to left side and stack your right foot on the top of left
3. Now extend your right hand to the sky, keep your legs straight and align your entire body into one diagonal one.
4. Hold this pose for 30-60 seconds.
5. While breathing in come back to the regular plank pose and repeat for the other side.
5. How to Do One Legged Side Plank Pose in Yoga
1. Start in regular Plank Pose in Yoga
2. Move into Side Plank Pose or Vasisthasana. Hold this pose for 5 - 8breaths
3. Keep your abs tight and stable. Now raise your top leg upward without bending the knee. Align your shoulder, spine and hips in a straight line. First look down, then look forward and lastly look upward. Hold this pose for 5 breaths.
4. Slowly come back to the starting position and repeat for the other side.
6. How to Do Four Limbed Staff Pose or Chaturanga Dandasana or Low Plank in Yoga
1 Start in regular plank pose, keep your core engaged.
2. As you exhale lower the body toward floor and stop when a 90 degrees bend in the elbows and keep your shoulders at the same height as the elbows.
3. Stay in this pose for 30 – 60 seconds.
4. Slowly come back to initial yoga position.
7. How to do Intense East Pose Purvottanasana or Upward Plank Pose in Yoga
1. Start in Dandasana or Staff Pose.
2. As you exhale, raise your hips upward as high as you can without hardening your buttocks.
3. Slowly release your head back and look behind.
4. Hold this pose four five deep breaths.
5. Slowly come back to Dandasana or Staff Pose with an exhale.
8. How to Do Half Boat Pose or Ardha Navasana in Yoga
1 Sit straight in Yoga mat.
2. As you exhale slowly lean back and raise your half bent legs upward and keep the thighs at an angle 40 -45 degrees.
3. When you become stable raise your arms parallel to the floor with palms facing each other.
4. Hold this pose as long as you can and keep breathing.
5. While breathing out slowly come back to the starting position.
9. How to Do Paripurna Navasana or Full boat pose or Boat pose in Yoga
The Full boat pose or Navasana will be more challenging than Half Boat Pose.
1 Start in regular seated position with legs straight out in front of you.
2. As you exhale slowly lean back raise your legs upward and keep the thighs at an angle 40 - 45 degrees. Align the legs in a straight line.
3. When you find balance raise your arms parallel to the floor with palms facing each other. Your body should look like a “V”.
4. Hold this pose as long as you can. Slowly come back to starting position with an exhale.
10. How to do Warrior 3 Pose or Virabhadrasana in Yoga
1. Begin in Tadasana or the Mountain Pose
2. Fold forward to Uttanasana or Standing forward bend.
3. As you exhale step your left foot back into a high lunge pose.
4. While breathing in stretch your arms forward. Keep them parallel to the floor with palms facing each other.
5. Look down and stare at a point on the floor for balance. Exhale and lift your left foot in a straight line with spine. Raised leg should be parallel to the floor.
6. Stay in this pose as long as you can, slowly come back to the high lunge pose with an exhale.
7. Now repeat for the other side.
Good Luck! Keep in touch and update your progress in the comment box. If you have any doubt about this 10 Yoga Poses for Flat a Tummy please comment below, we are here to help you.